• Register
  • Help

Topic: Has anyone try the GSt beta patches?

Share/Bookmark

Has anyone try the GSt beta patches?

I\'m interested in comments from those brave GSt users that have installed the patches. Is it worth installing?

Re: Has anyone try the GSt beta patches?

I\'ve run several of the patches, with no problems, and bugs fixed. I\'m currently running v2.01.18.

Lawrence

I run 2.01.19 and I find it a lot better than the first release. Audiopops have disappeared (WaMi Rack soundcard) and the problems with my graphic card (i740) are also gone.

Gunnar

2.0.19 is running good for me. Nemesys highly recommends running this current patch.

I meant 2.01.19

The new 2.01.19 patch works fine for me ,except I still can\'t use my Diamond speedstar A90 video card in 16 bit mode [I like to run it in 16 bit mode because I can achieve a higher refresh rate in that mode]

Thanks folks for the positive replies. Now if Nemesys just have my current user key on the website.... Well, time to call them.

We finally got a Diamond Speedstart A90 here at NemeSys. Unfortunately it seems to work fine. We are running the A90 version 1.04 drivers.
    STL50016.DRV version 4.11.01.302
    STL500.VXD version 4.11.01.302

What version of drivers are you running?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kenn159:
    The new 2.01.19 patch works fine for me ,except I still can\'t use my Diamond speedstar A90 video card in 16 bit mode [I like to run it in 16 bit mode because I can achieve a higher refresh rate in that mode]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diamond Speedstart A90 Update:
    This card\'s device drivers crash when GigaStudio displayes some of the \"Settings\" views. The problem seems to be with the A90 device drivers converting a 256 color pattern to another bit depth \'brush\'. Since this is an A90 problem, it will not be fixed in GigaStudio. There are a couple of Work arounds:
    1. Change your A90 to a bit depth other than 16 or 24 colors to avoid the conversion in the device driver (via the display adapter properties).

2. Lower your A90 hardware accelleration so Microsoft Windows draws the brush pattern (via the advanced display adapter properties, under the performance tab).

Go Back to forum