• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "An Old-fashioned Waltz"

Share/Bookmark

"An Old-fashioned Waltz"

This is my "An Old-fashioned Waltz".

It features Garritan GPO flute and Garritan Steinway D piano.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "An Old-fashioned Waltz"

Hey Larry! I enjoyed your waltz. The melody had a lot of personality. Thanks for posting. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    Hey Larry! I enjoyed your waltz. The melody had a lot of personality. Thanks for posting. Jay
    ...and thank you, Mister Jay, for listening.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I did like your waltz also. Could not help thinking that this piece would be a challenge to a good yodel-singer also and I mean no disrespect at all, it would sound nice...
    Thanks for posting it.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I did like your waltz also. Could not help thinking that this piece would be a challenge to a good yodel-singer also and I mean no disrespect at all, it would sound nice...
    Thanks for posting it.

Ted
    I will pass on the yodeling.

Thanks for listening and replying.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi, Larry - I'm really glad to see you on your friend's computer again so you can join in here at the Forum. Your spirited waltz is a sparkling example of the excellence to be found throughout the vast Alexander catalog. And along with the other new pieces recently posted here in the LR, you've helped immeasurably to make our never-ending "Summer Festival" the best virtual concert to be found online!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Larry - I'm really glad to see you on your friend's computer again so you can join in here at the Forum. Your spirited waltz is a sparkling example of the excellence to be found throughout the vast Alexander catalog. And along with the other new pieces recently posted here in the LR, you've helped immeasurably to make our never-ending "Summer Festival" the best virtual concert to be found online!

Randy
    Thanky, thanky for the good words, Mister B. I hope that I have contributed in a small way during the past nine plus years.

My best to you and Ms B.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Love a good waltz - your work is always so lively. Has that spirited old-fashioned dance room feel to it, which was obviously your intent.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Hi Larry,

Here I'm back. A very lovely welcome, that waltz of yours. I would call it a sort of concert waltz for flute, a melodic challenge for an advanced flute player, to perform a catching tune with some degree of technical difficulty! It needn't always be abstract studies... This appeals to a lot of people and is yet not so easy to perform. BTW, the Garritan flute is the very best!

Thanks for this little marvel, Larry.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Love a good waltz - your work is always so lively. Has that spirited old-fashioned dance room feel to it, which was obviously your intent.
    Many thanks, Irish Lad.

It IS old-fashioned for sure and that was my intention.

My best to you.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast