• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Here's one for ya :)

Share/Bookmark

Re: Here\'s one for ya :)

Awesome! Great music and great sound. You must have worked alot with the midi to get this sound?

/Tobias

Yeah, That\'s GREAT! I love those \"Ominous Strings\" Good Job! Gary Thomas [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You guys are so talented - I loved this piece! Very nice use of solos to reinforce the ensemble sound. Your crossfrades also sound great. Ok, standard questions follow: what libraries? What equipment? What film was this for (if you can say)?

One thing I have noticed is that with my libraries, the illusion of a real orchestral ensemble is broken partly because the room acoustics sounds different for each instrumental group and one\'s ears detect that it just doesn\'t sound like a collection of individuals playing instruments together, but rather a collection of libraries using slightly different recording techniques and ambience. How did you solve this problem because your work is very convincing? I would like to know more about your approach to sequencing a composition.

Thanks for the kudos. I\'m going to hold off on spilling the beans until I get some guesses from you guys as to how it was done [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    -J

Real instruments combined with samples? Although I\'ve heard Duncan Brinsmead do slides like that purely with samples.

Wow.. I love the music. Beautiful color and great mood!

Regardless, if that\'s done with samples you got me fooled.. it sounds real to me. There are a few attacks in the string ensembles that sound a bit suspicious. In fact, the sound of the string ensembles (not the solos) seems a bit thin everywhere (but still excellent).

The winds are just superb, beautifully played and very expressive.. if those are samples I\'ll eat my hat! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just a great piece overall, thanks for sharing it!

A-

--------
    Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

J-

Very nice. I would love to have this \"cellist\" help me on on a couple of projects. Can you give me his/her email. ; ) lol

Rob

The strings sound like GOS to me, particularly the basses. XSample harp?

The kicker is definitely the reverb, sound like a really good quality unit...perhaps a high end Lexicon or even Alti-Verb?

It\'s very realistic, I\'d say it was real if this wasn\'t a GS forum. Some of the flute virbrato has that \"looped\" sound, but I heard real flutes sound just like that.

Really nice work. Great sense of emotion.
    It\'s also a fine mix. Did you do it yourself?
    Congrats.

-nathan

Good show midphase!
    Yes, those are indeed GOS. I sort of cheated though, I have a small live string section over the top.
    XSample harp as well!
    The percussion is DS percussion
    Brass and winds are live.
    Golden ears all the way midphase [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh and the reverb is indeed Altiverb.
    -J

Go Back to forum