• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pictures of China

Share/Bookmark

Pictures of China

After I retired I volunteered with an organization run by the Canadian and Chinese Governments to give technological help to the Chinese industry. My expertise was in paper. I spent all together 2 years, in 2-3 months streches at a time to help. Me, who escaped from communism helping communists, you may ask. Paper manufacturing is mostly in rural areas, so I had a chance to see how the "average" people live and to easily make the life of thousands ( no exaggeration) significantly better, which is an incredibly great feeling.
    This piece is just pictures I took musically of them. The cello sounding instrument is a one string piece, the bow behind the string. I visited a music school in Beijing and during the concert they put up for me, a young man was playing Bach on this instrument, unbelievably beautifully.
    But, the main thing is that you just can not help loving your fellow humans when you can contact them on a non-political and mutually respectful basis.

Ted
    https://www.box.com/s/0lj4euj9ez0vr98wry2n
    GIGASTUDIO Orchestra3.

Re: Pictures of China

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    But, the main thing is that you just can not help loving your fellow humans when you can contact them on a non-political and mutually respectful basis.

Ted
    https://www.box.com/s/0lj4euj9ez0vr98wry2n
    GIGASTUDIO Orchestra3.
    Amen to that statement Ted, that really says it all. My hat is off to you as I bow low to your magnanimous spirit especially after all you have been through in your lifetime. I only wish there were more people like you in this world.

Your music is always so beautiful and flowing. I listened to this last night as I went to bed and it fully relaxed me. I love all the different non-western instruments that you used in this piece and you integrated them in splendidly with traditional ones. I didn't even know GPO had these.

At any rate, really well done and much appreciated, especially the story behind it.

My Best,

Cass

This is a very beautiful peace of music. I am moved by both the music and your humanity. Thank you for posting it.

There's always a great human being behind great music.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Hi Ted,

This is an absolute masterpiece as to musicality, to using and mixing exotic and traditional (?) instruments, to rendition and balancing, although I've noticed some little noises to to overpowering. You did a wonderful job both in your music and in your human interest. That is a very noble thing to do. The notes are a perfect tribute to that work and to the people!

Thanks for sharing,

Max

Thanks Cass:

I only wish there were more people like you in this world, you wrote.I know one for sure, Cass.

Thanks for listening and for you comments, Richard,Max, Fabiolcati, and I know I posted two too close to each other, promise to shut up now for a decent time....

Ted

Superb composition, Ted - Brilliant use of instruments and appropriate modes. It takes the listener on a shimmering, free floating journey up up and away. --except that in its present form, the listener is jerked back to earth rudely quite a few times during the trip:

You need to listen to your recording - you'll hear immediately that there's very bad distortion throughout. The signal is nice and loud - just too loud, going into the red. That should be easy enough to fix, just bringing the master output down as you export another audio file.

Randy

Randy, how nice it is to receive your kind of response. To be reminded to be more careful before you post! It is simply carelessness on my part not to check once more.
    Promise will be more critical next time, and thanks.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Randy, how nice it is to receive your kind of response. To be reminded to be more careful before you post! It is simply carelessness on my part not to check once more.
    Promise will be more critical next time, and thanks.

Ted
    Well, I'm glad you took my response so well, Ted. If I wasn't enjoying the music so much, I would have stopped playback long before it was over, the distortion is so severe.

We all need to make it one of our cardinal rules: Listen, and listen Very Critically to our audio exports before playing them for anyone. I also feel that anyone not using an audio editor, like the free Audacity, is doing themselves a disservice, since that kind of program can so quickly and easily polish up audio before making MP3 copies and sharing.

I'll add - My advice is to SHUN these shortcuts available where you can export music directly from recording software to the internet. --Instantly share a recording that 99% of the time can be improved upon? It's a horrible concept - and one I ran into again this morning when I was responding to a question about Notion notation software in General Discussion. I watched in horror at a Notion tutorial video that shows how to push one button right there on your score page and get an audio copy of the score directly deposited on SoundCloud. Awful!

I look forward to hearing again when the distortion is gone, Ted.

Randy

Thanks again Randy, I done it with Audacity.
    It is (generally speaking)a good rule to set the volume not to excreed -12?
    That is what I done with this piece.

Ted

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast