• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mirasolv Vituous Percussion and Harp

Mirasolv Vituous Percussion and Harp

Does anyone have this CD? Is it any good? How is the harp?

Re: Mirasolv Vituous Percussion and Harp

I only had experience with the \"solo instruments 2\" cd and I don\'t think I\'ll ever buy anything else from Vitous ever. I give it 5/10 and I never use it, because it\'s useless, basically.

Giga harp is nice, 4 velocities, every string sampled. It needs some tweaking, like every other library.

why is it useless?

Thanks for help guys.
    I own gigaharp and x-sample harp.
    I am waiting for the harp that comes with Wien Orch. Cube.

I couldn\'t disagree more!. So many of Vitous\' instruments sit perfectly in a mix. Many of the solo instruments have a great deal of soul to them, which is more than can be said of several other libraries. Once you\'ve spent time setting them up for performance they often work wonderfully.

A lot of the percussion is no longer up to the standard set by some of the newer libraries like UP etc but there are real some gems like the castanets and gongs which I still use all the time. The timp rolls are really good too and the harp still sounds great in my old S3200XL, although I tend to use the Xsample harp now.

Once the strings have been programmed and layered
    they do take some beating, ensemble and solo, and probably my favorite \"legato violins\" preset is based around the 23 violins patch and the solo violin combined (mixed in with some EastW US sounds). There is a great deal of passion to them. In fact, I still generally prefer the overall Vitous string sound to the Garritan sound, even though there\'s nothing like the range of techniques included as in the latter library.

Even after 5 years of owning it, I still couldn\'t do without it.

(No, I don\'t work for Vitous, but I wouldn\'t say no to a timeshare week on his mythical island)

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

Well... I have used Miroslav Vitous Percussion & Harp on many of my recent compositions and have really enjoyed using it. Granted, the harp samples could be a little better... but the percussion samples more than make up the difference. I\'d give it an 8 out of 10 rating. (Also, I agree with Eliam about GigaHarp. It\'s a very nice CD ROM!) Gary M.Thomas [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I respect your points of view! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Maybe the other cds are better than solo instr 2, hopefully! If you want to read more about my experience with Vitous, read this: http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002691#000000

Go Back to forum