• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: More downloadable versions

Re: More downloadable versions

A number people were unpleased with the size of the wav demos for QLSO - around 40 MB each. So you always need a solution for those who can\'t donwload it. Also - do you like manuals as online/pdf version too and print it yourself then? Or do you prefer those to be shipped...

Get my vote for downloadable versions. I live in Italy and each time I ordered I had to pay a lot of shipping, duties..and so on.

I don\'t know how many times I decided to not buy a library only to avoid shipping waiting, additional fees....especially for medium priced libraries.

If any of good developers around here has the idea to make downloadable their library, they will have my credit card ready [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don’t know about the rest of the world, but here in Holland we had (have) not only a price war between the various supermarkets, but also a price war among ISPs, and no longer does one have to be rich to be able to afford a very fast ADSL connection, so I don’t think the lack of a fast internet connection needs to be an issue. Almost all of the people I know have ADSL or cable.
    Having to download a PDF with info about the product is not an issue to me compared to the ease of being able to download the purchased library.
    European consumers have to deal with a lot of additional costs for shipping and taxes (!) when they order a product from the USA, and sometimes a library can take a long time before it arrives, compare this to simply downloading it!

Talking with the Fedex man when he arrives with my sample libararies is a big source of my social interaction. Not too sure internet library download would work for me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m in complete agreement with that suggestion, Jan. I love it when you can download the product you would like to buy.
    I\'ve purchased quite a few soundfonts this way from Sonic Implants.
    I am considering buying Izotope\'s Ozone 3 and I was pleased to see that it\'s downloadable. Makes it that much more appealing to buy! Cuz I can get it now! I want it now, now! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Talking with the Fedex man when he arrives with my sample libararies is a big source of my social interaction. Not too sure internet library download would work for me. -Joanne

You need to get out more!!

I just downloaded the session brush drums from SI.

Downloads make sense when you\'re creating a performance and need to fill a library gap. For bigger purchases CDs and DVDs are the way to go.

I\'ve noticed that Worra has post some nice downloadable sounds on Primesounds.
    Please Worra post your Bigga brass collection too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think that If someone start, maybe the others will follow. In Italy we have good connections (I can download a CD in half an hour)

Hey Carl,

That I need to get out more is truly an understatement!

But this thread does touch on an interesting OT point. I never realized how behind the U.S. is, compared to some other countries with respect to high-speed access. Somebody was telling me Korea (or was it China?) was completely fiber optic, which apparently makes our convention cable/high-speed look like 28kbps dial-up. People in other countries are already getting every iota of their media/content via download. Conversation then went to all the reasons we can\'t have that in the U.S. - some of which caused by cost/benefit of integrating/replacing our \"previous systems\".
    Sometimes it pays to be the new kid on the block!

I fully agree with downloading libs. It would be cheaper for everyone! I hate paying import duties when getting things shipped from overseas. It\'s a rip off!

MY DREAM... Say I really need a solo legato violin sound (And only that alone) for a project. I go to VSL\'s web page, pay X amount on my VISA card. Download lets say something like 200mb... leave the room to get a coffee and when i come back EVERYONE is HAPPY [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . It would feel like my birthday everyday [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . Image that!!!

I would end up spending more money on libs! So delvelopers would also win. I wouldn\'t have to save up for a long time to get an instrument i really need NOW. WIN WIN for EVERYONE [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Sound good? Every pay day I would be downloading [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Go Back to forum