• Register
  • Help

Topic: Woodwind question

Share/Bookmark

Woodwind question

Can anyone recommend a woodwind library that contains samples of flute rips/glisses/runs - 7 or 9 or 5 notes - fast flourishes leading up to a big hit. It\'s tough to program one to sound right with single notes. Any help would be appreciated.

JC

Re: Woodwind question

As far as I know, the Siedlaczek Advanced Orchestra solo and ensemble flutes have the most articulations of any available library. No rips, but there are grace notes, little runs, trills etc. Tuning is a little dodgy but easily solved. I personally rate the ensemble flutes very highly and use them every day.

What\'s wrong w/ the tuning and how do you fix it? I bought AO primarily for the winds, and I\'m somewhat disappointed.. especially with the oboe. If there\'s any way to clean these up, I\'d sure like to know!

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    What\'s wrong w/ the tuning and how do you fix it? I bought AO primarily for the winds, and I\'m somewhat disappointed.. especially with the oboe. If there\'s any way to clean these up, I\'d sure like to know!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sam
    I\'m probably not the best person to ask about fixing the CDROM version because I bought the audio CD version of AO when I was a bit poor and I sampled/tuned/looped them myself. I used a Korg rack tuner to tune them. I\'m sure I read that the tuning on the CDROM version of AO was also a bit off though.

Any chromatic tuner should work if you feel the need to tune samples. It\'s a bit hit and miss because the pitch doesn\'t remain constant throughout the duration of the note on most orchestral instruments unlike a guitar and you need to sort of \"average out\" the readings you get from the tuner. You can get much closer to in tune on most samples though. You soon pick up the knack.

One would think VSL Performance set will have lots of flute and other woodwind runs, chromatically. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps you should check the sample list on their site.

Maarten

Go Back to forum