• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: G-Town is still growing!

G-Town is still growing!

A new year and a new topic!

Posted 2 new snares which i recorded during the x-mas. They are recorded a few meters closer this time. Snare 01 is placed a little bit to the right and 02 to the left. I will probably post processed versions of these later. They tend to disappear in massive MV\'ish mixes now

Re: G-Town is still growing!

Ah Tob - you are my hero (större än Kapten Zoom!!)

Any plans for doing some massive gong (tam tam) samples any time soon?

Captain zoom, hehehe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

About big percussion.. I\'d love to sample all big percussion but it\'s hard to find them. The town isnt very big and im not sure the local orchestral will let me borrow their percussion.. havent asked though.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Since its at a church....do they have hand bells there? Those would be nice to have. And with the bigger ones...not only the pure ring of the bell......but some stopped tones by hitting them down on their foam padding (on a table).....and also holding two large hand bells in octaves or fifths (one in each hand) and after striking them once at eh same time....swinging the arms back and forth (opposite) which gives a cool vibrato effect to the bells ringing.

Just some thoughts.

Tob, you\'re TOO generous [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] These new snares sound great! Soon you\'ll have the whole basic pool of percussion available, and for FREE at that! Fellow giga users, give this chap a standing ovation for his work, there aren\'t many people as kind as Tobias!

Ok. (Chris starts to levitate). Thumbs up again man. Your da best. I just hope my samples will be half as good as yours. Thx man!

Love - Chris

Well now we know chris is an alien. Tobias keep up the great work, I haven\'t started a new piece yet without atleast one of your gigs in it. Especially the ensemble snare, wow now I can do some really nice marching themes.

Tob is indeed a generous and gifted composer. These snares do sound great and you guys will love em. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Wow, thanx alot guys!!!

Brian, great idea I\'ll try to get some handbells... really nice with tuned percussion. I\'d like to find more percussion which i can tune and make playble patches of. Like bowls and bottles.. stuff like that

Lewis, your samples will be great! You know that i dont have any special gear.. pretty basic stuff. And the instruments I sample is really crappy. Its the ambience which makes the sound, hehe.

I\'m considering to set up a ftp where you guys could upload your tunes when you\'ve used G-Town samples. Then i could put the songs online.. good for me and maybe good for you.. what do you think?

Go Back to forum