• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Echoes of the Past

Share/Bookmark

Echoes of the Past

This piece is from last year, but I don't recall posting a thread here, nor could I find one, so probably didn't.

Libraries used are on the video image:

Spitfire Albion - strings/woods
    Cinebrass
    East West Gold - mallets, percussion and layers
    Ethno World Voices - voices
    Alicia's Keys (the piano)

Thanks
    Graham
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Echoes of the Past

Great to see you, Graham - Just this morning, before I found your post, I was wondering where you'd gotten off to.

This is a gentle, lovely piece, almost a song really, orchestrated and recorded to perfection. And it's always fun to hear these various instrument Libraries you use - I don't even remember hearing of "Spitfire Albion" before, so your thread is not only entertaining musically, but educational!

Randy

Hi Graham,

This is nice, please excuse me, but it reminds me a bit of Yanni (yes, I do like Yanni - alas...). I'd forgotten how tender your music can be at times. Thanks for posting so the rest of us could see/hear the soft side of Graham.

I have one question: How do you make and then post the videos of your music. I find the concept extremely nice. Would love to do that also. Is it a youtube url?

Anyways, I enjoyed this quiet moment with your Echoes of the Past.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Thank's Randy - I do like the softer side, despite the bigger tracks I do occasionally. Thanks for listening. I have two simple solo piano pieces too that I've neglected to upload, should do that soon.

I've been around the forum actually, and listened and commented on a rake of tracks in the room last week (trying to catch up on what people have been doing).

The Spitfire library is a very good and affordable orchestra library. It deals with ensemble patches only, and these are of excellent quality and many use it to make full orchestral tracks, supplemented with solo patches from others if needed (Such as GPO's winds for example).

Bill, I had to look up to see what a 'Yanni' was
    Didn't find anything similar on my first go but wouldn't rule it out.

If you have a google account, then you have a youtube account. I use Windows Movie Maker (came with windows 7) to make the videos, very simple no fuss process. Drop an image into it. Drop the wav into it, double click the wav file to see its length in seconds. Then apply that length to the picture (by double clicking the pic and entering in the seconds) - export, upload to youtube, done.

Thanks for listening, guys!
    Graham
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

He left out trumpet... I guess sad, sad trumpet could not play this beautiful music. ~Rod, lol.

THis is simply wonderful, Graham. Lovely, well written music with such a positive vibe, perfectly balanced and rendered. I love the boys' choir, tiny expressive voices!

The merging of all these libraries is a huge success, although not always easy.

It strikes me that you usually use a very big ambience. Do you have a particular reason for that?

Thanks for sharing,

Max

Hi Graham,

Very polished and pleasant piece. I don't think I've heard this type of orchestration and style from you before ( the beginning and end)

The beginning especially has a "new age" feeling to it (the Yanni thing) but has a strong melodic line which you usually don't get in "New age" music, so it's a nice combination which you pull off nicely.

The center portion is a nice excursion from the outer edges of this piece and sounds like the "sound" I attribute to you.

Do you prefer the sound of the Albion strings or the cinematic strings II? I know they have different purposes for sample orchestration but overall, which sound do you prefer?

Always a pleasure to hear your works!!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    ...Bill, I had to look up to see what a 'Yanni' was
    ...export, upload to youtube, done...
    Yanni - Extremely successful musician. Not a bad thing at all to be compared to someone who's made such a career for himself.

Allow me to add to the video instructions - Get the code for sharing, but UNcheck the option which by default shares your entire playlist instead of just the one video.

Then when writing a post, Bill, click the film icon in the text menu, and paste the code in. Preview your post - you should see the video appear.

Note that when you see a video posting like this, it's most always from YouTube, and there are YT controls at the bottom right of the video window. Click the one on the far right to get full screen - Also click the gear to get the highest resolution possible - better for both sound and picture.

Randy

Very nice, Lad! Fine writing and orchestrating. I enjoyed the listen.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I like this a lot Graham! The buildup from the piano to fuller orchestra was very effective. As usual, the overall sound of your work was excellent. The spitfire strings were really sounding good to me. You sure do have a healthy supply of sample libraries. They all sound good in your hands. Thanks for the post. Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast