• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Woodwind Quintet In C#"

Share/Bookmark

"Woodwind Quintet In C#"

Here is a short excerpt from the first movement of my "Woodwind Quintet In C#"

All of the instruments are from the original Garritan GPO sample library except the clarinet. (I can't remember from which sample group it came.)

If I can get my computer back up and running I will complete the task of "Garratinizing" the rest of this quintet and then post the entire work.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Woodwind Quintet In C#"

LARRY,

If an excerpt is all I can get for now I'll take it! Very nice piece you have here. Will look forward to the rest of it.

The beginning is really well done. Each instrument is kind of waking up and doing their solo statement in succession and then they realize, "oh! we're all here now, lets get going!" Nice!

I also love the ostinato pattern throughout in the bass. It is very flowing and uplifting and orchestrated perfectly. The ostinato helps elevate this piece to a pleasurable listening experience.

Always enjoy your work Larry.

My Best,

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    LARRY,

If an excerpt is all I can get for now I'll take it! Very nice piece you have here. Will look forward to the rest of it.

The beginning is really well done. Each instrument is kind of waking up and doing their solo statement in succession and then they realize, "oh! we're all here now, lets get going!" Nice!

I also love the ostinato pattern throughout in the bass. It is very flowing and uplifting and orchestrated perfectly. The ostinato helps elevate this piece to a pleasurable listening experience.

Always enjoy your work Larry.

My Best,

Cass
    I appreciate your comments, as always, Mister Cass and I am pleased that you like this work.

Thanks for the good words.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Another sparkling entry in the vast Alexander music catalog. Once again I feel like I'm in a master class and the instructor has set a fun but very challenging piece in front of me to study. Great. Thanks, Larry.

Randy

Thumbs up Re: "Woodwind Quintet In C#"

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Another sparkling entry in the vast Alexander music catalog. Once again I feel like I'm in a master class and the instructor has set a fun but very challenging piece in front of me to study. Great. Thanks, Larry.

Randy
    Thanks very much, Mister Randy. I try hard...Lord knows I do. :-)

My best to you and yours.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum