• Help

Topic: Gigasampler not allowing me access to me Delta1010 drivers in Cubase 5

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler not allowing me access to me Delta1010 drivers in Cubase 5

I am running a Pentium III 500, 128MB
    Gigasampler 1.6
    Cubase 5
    Delta1010 with latest drivers.

Cubase works great without Gigasampler loaded, the minute I load Gigasampler, even if it isn\'t running, I can no longer access my Delta1010 in cubase. I get an error that says something like:
    \"Hardware already in use by other drivers, most likely wave drivers\" or somehting like that.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Gigasampler not allowing me access to me Delta1010 drivers in Cubase 5

Have a look at some of the other posts regarding getting Giga and sequencer to coexist.

for example:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum2/HTML/000623.html

It has something to do with the assignment of midi i/o in both the sequencer and the sampler, and the Hubi virtual midi patch thingy seems to have solved it for a few people.

I\'m guessing the latest Gigastudio patch (2.01) solved it for Gigastudio owners as well.

There have been lots of posts on this - I\'m sure you\'ll find plenty to read .

I could be wrong, but I don\'t think this is a MIDI conflict. If I set up Cubase to use another ASIO driver then everything seems to work. It is only when I try to load the Delta1010 ASIO driver that it \"complains\" that the hardware is tied up.

I will give the Hubi midi patcher a try, but my problem seems to be a conflict in the audi portion of the hardware and not the MIDI portion ... could be wrong though.

Possibilities are MIDI or/and Audio driver is being conflicted in the system, the windows would gives you same errors messages, \"Hardware already in use by other drivers\", I guess.
    However, I also see the recommedation from MIDIMAN that you should install the Hubi MIDI Loopback software. I\'m sure it would solves the MIDI conflict problem. Here are some others, it would related to the problems, about MIDI and AUDIO drivers:

A> MIDI drivers: In case you have multiple MIDI-I/O driver in your system (multiple soundcards, for example), each applications you could assign them different MIDI-I/O driver, they should work fine (program A for MIDI A and program B for MIDI B, and so on).

B> Audio Drivers: Like MIDI drivers, regardless of multi-client feature or not, you also have same problem at every times when you open multiple audio programs, the windows would checks the audio driver availabilities. Solution is that you might want to seperate it for each audio programs like Giga, Cubase, cool edit, etc. let\'s say the giga uses output channel 1/2, so you should setup the Cubase to use the ASIO-3,4/5,6 or whatever the audio Delta1010 has, be able to avoid the conflicted audio possibility. In case you don\'t have any audio tracks in the Cubase-Seq, you could disable the audio REC/Play in the Audio setup, Giga would takes advantage of this for using more output channels (1,2/3,4/5,6,...) and more NFXS as well.
    The same way, if you want to run many audio programs at same time. let\'s say you want three programs are running, you will need to assign program A use multi-clientA(ASIO1,2), B->Multi-clientB(ASIO3,4), C->Multi-clientC(ASIO5,6), and so on. It also depends on your hardware limitation, how many multi-client can be used, of course you can add other soundcard like SB-LIVE to run more applications as you wish.
    Hope this helps, anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willy Wonka:
    I could be wrong, but I don\'t think this is a MIDI conflict. If I set up Cubase to use another ASIO driver then everything seems to work. It is only when I try to load the Delta1010 ASIO driver that it \"complains\" that the hardware is tied up.

I will give the Hubi midi patcher a try, but my problem seems to be a conflict in the audi portion of the hardware and not the MIDI portion ... could be wrong though.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well ....

I have tried Hubi now .. no luck.

I also tried assigning Gigasampler to 7/8 and Cubase to 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6 .... no go.

Any other ideas?!?!?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willy Wonka:
    Well ....

I have tried Hubi now .. no luck.

I also tried assigning Gigasampler to 7/8 and Cubase to 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6 .... no go.

Any other ideas?!?!?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Willy, I came onto this sight with a gigasampler/cubase 5 problem.....and I could\'nt believe it when I saw your message! I have EXACTLY the same setup as you.....and I get exactly the same message....nothing I do seems to make it work...so I can\'t access the Delta 1010 applet. I wondered if you got any advice on this if you could let me know....and vica versa of course. This thing is driving me MAD!!! It looks like its a driver problem with the 1010.....perhaps we should both get intouch with Midiman to see what they\'re going to do about it.

Jedi

Jedi,

Email me.

jazztime@mailandnews.com

-=Jazz=-

A.K.A. Willy Wonka

[This message has been edited by retroman (edited 09-24-2000).]

Yo! I got the same set up as you guys...Have you had any luck yet?!

So far I have GS\'s output routed to 3/4 (which uses the delta\'s giga drivers)and then I have to use the asio multimedia driver and select only the 1/2 delta inputs in cubase. This way, at least I get wave files and Giga midi files to play together. But the latency is pretty bad in cubase cause I\'m not using the delta asio drivers.

I emailed support a while back and this is the reply I got:

\"You will only be able to utilize two outputs for gigasampler, this is a
    limitation on there software. We are working on more drivers but we are
    still discussing if we need to as gigasampler does not seem to be very
    interested.\"

Anyway, best of luck.

Retro,

I have emailed everyone on this issue, Midiman, Steinberg & Nemesys.

So far it seems that Gigasampler is the problem. Midiman doesn\'t seem to be able to fix it and Steinberg is stumped. They both point me to Nemesys ... which I have yet to get much of any response from. It appears that there is some type of big in Gigasampler that is causing the problem ... and no one will admit that it is their software or their drivers that are causing the problems ... so for the moment we are out of luck. I tend to believe the snag lies with Gigasampler ... maybe we will just have to wait and see if the next update fixes the problem.

-Jazztime-

Go Back to forum