• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: What is Peter Siedlaczek up to?

Share/Bookmark

What is Peter Siedlaczek up to?

Again and again I keep going back to some samples from a CD audio library from 1992 by Materbits. It\'s called Peter Siedlaczek\'s Orchestra Library and it\'s got some amazing string samples on it. No velocity layers, chromatic sampling etc. but the spiccato and legato strings have never been beaten IMO. The legatos are absolutely beautiful and no one has got close to the power of the spicattos in the low end. Even though I have GOS I use them daily.

He never quite captured this in AO although I still rate AO as being highly usable especially at it\'s current price. Total Piano is another gem of a library especially the treated/prepeared piano stuff.

All this makes me wonder what he\'s up to thse days? Has he retired from library development? It would be a shame if he had.

Re: What is Peter Siedlaczek up to?

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    He\'s probably hanging out with Miroslav Vitous and Denny Jaeger in some tropical paradise. Actually, I did hear the Miroslav really does own an island.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know what Denny Jaeger is up to these days? He was a real string sampling pioneer.

Lee Blaske
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well I\'m sure he can afford an island with what he STILL charges for his library!!!!

The strings you\'re referring to, Dave are the ones in the Roland library that everyone still raves about. The ones that Thomas J uses.

Its a pity Miroslav doesn\'t lower the price of his library to reasonable standards \'cos its still a great library. The brass ensembles are Hollywood all the way and have some real power (but not powerful attacks) in them.

If he did then maybe he could sell enough so he could afford to buy two islands. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually Peter Siedlaczek was at Five Days in Munich and admired the VSL. See photos at vsl.co.at (that was five days). he looks like a very old man there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hansi

Originally posted by Hasen:
    The strings you\'re referring to, Dave are the ones in the Roland library that everyone still raves about. The ones that Thomas J uses.

Its a pity Miroslav doesn\'t lower the price of his library to reasonable standards \'cos its still a great library. The brass ensembles are Hollywood all the way and have some real power (but not powerful attacks) in them.

If he did then maybe he could sell enough so he could afford to buy two islands. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Aha... now I understand why everyone raves about the Roland library [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I always thought the brass and woodwinds in the demos sounded nice. He should do the whole thing for £500 or something. I\'d probably cough up. He must have made his money back by now.

Miroslav is back to touring and playing bass as much as he can. I think Ilio handles his libraries so they would be the ones to talk with about more up to date pricing. It\'s still a great sounding library but needs to be cheaper now days.
    Oh Yeah, I don\'t think he owns an island but he does have a residence in St Thomas or St Croix and he had a seasonal condo in Canada for a while too. Last I heard, he is Europe playing music.

Dave

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">he looks like a very old man there
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What do you define as old?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Everybody with white hair [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hansi

Herr PolarBear,

What was Peter doing at the function that you had mentioned?

Mr. esperlad,

I mentioned a function? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Ahm... He was admiring VSL. Taking part at the press demo at Five Days in Munich.

Hope this helps... Hansi

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Govett:
    [QB]Miroslav is back to touring and playing bass as much as he can. I think Ilio handles his libraries so they would be the ones to talk with about more up to date pricing. It\'s still a great sounding library but needs to be cheaper now days.
    Oh Yeah, I don\'t think he owns an island but he does have a residence in St Thomas or St Croix and he had a seasonal condo in Canada for a while too. Last I heard, he is Europe playing music.

Dave is right. Miroslav is playing quite a bit in Europe these days. He is also working on the finishing touches of his new Choir Library.
    And believe it or not, Miroslav did reduce the price of his library recently.

Best,
    Shelly
    ILIO

Go Back to forum