• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Updated GPO User Demo (mod wheel + legato mode)

Share/Bookmark

Updated GPO User Demo (mod wheel + legato mode)

Hey guys,

Same composition as before (it\'s my personal fav) but this time I drew in all the mod wheel stuff and sustain pedal stuff using the mouse in Cubase SX (I don\'t have a MIDI controller yet.)

I feel this version is much more expressive, however, if you are going to listen to it more than once, please right-click and choose \"Save Target As...\" last month my server took a nose dive with all the streaming it did...

http://www.alanjoseph.com/OktoberGPOex.mp3

Thanks,

AL

Re: Updated GPO User Demo (mod wheel + legato mode)

DUDE! Sweet! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Very nice, Alan. GPO sounds great. But far too much reverb for my taste.

....AO....Vitous................................sa me.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Alan,

Much better with the reverb, sounds more ambiant.

I think there are some small areas that sound a little quantized. Although that could be my ears. (had em shot off in Nam, replaced with kevlar varients.. 10 year warrenty.) Layering is nice. I like the choice of instruments your using. Nice Harp.

As you said this was put together within a short space of time i think its really good.

Im the worst at throwing something together quickly.

Thanks for re submitting the tune. Looking forward to other exsmples from yourdelf [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alan,

Just curious, what sequencer are you using?

Originally posted by handz:
    ....AO....Vitous................................sa me.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Just to keep things in perspective, where can I purchase either of those libraries, complete with all the software needed to use \'em, for $249?

I mean, AO and Vituous are pretty easy to use, right? I should be able to pump out demos on par with this after only a day? On my laptop with no dedicated soundcard?

Those comparisons aside, I think it\'s important to note that neither library you mentioned in any way sucks. Amazing work has been produced on each, and if they were offered at this price with programming updated to the latest performance technology, most of us would snatch both up in a heartbeat.

---

With three words and a smiley, you\'ve shown grave disrespect for three developers and all of their users. But more than that, I think you owe Alan an apology.

In terms of simple ettiquette, imagine that you\'ve created some music using a recent purchase you\'ve spent real money on. Without even acnowledging the composition, someone dismisses your work, effectively calling you a fool for having spent that money and for wasting your time preparing this music when you should have known it was going to be worthless.

Or, imagine cooking a fancy meal for someone who makes a big show of throwing your dish to the floor because they feel the ingredients are only average.

Is that how you\'d like to be treated, if the situation were reversed?

There is a line between constructive criticism and just plain attacking people to maintain an air of superiority. It\'s the same line that stands between being a community and being a cesspool of negativity. There\'s been some discussion lately about turning the forums around, but that\'s where it really starts - with personal responsibility. It\'s not a thin line, folks. Y\'all know which side you\'re supposed to be on. So, git!

Originally posted by handz:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">True Handz, but if you\'re just starting out or don\'t have Oprah\'s scratch, then it might be a solution. If you select the best patches from AO...Vitous...Roland...Prosonus, then it becomes pretty expensive. Some patches on the Roland Strings disc (still used by pros everyday) are still unmatched, even by today\'s standards, but trying to find a copy of that is another thing. Let alone bying all of them so you can select their respective best patches! Always put yourself in place of a person that has nothing and want to explore his orchestral composing skills. These sounds seem to impress a lot of people, Handz. If GPO is their ticket to fun, why should someone stand in the way? The same goes EWQLSO Silver, etc.

There, as you can read, I\'ve respected all three parties in my post. These being: the old libraries, the new libraries and you.

------------
    Alex Cremers

This sounds good to me. I\'m debating on this...I can\'t decide if I want to buy it. Right now I have a good assortment of orchestral sounds, and they usually get me by. This type scoring is not my thing really, although I desperately need to be able to do tracks like this...

Do you think this would be a good compliment to someone who already has many of the sounds, but needs to supliment the arsenal? I keep getting the impression that this is a \"starter\" kit of sorts. Perfect for someone upgrading from a GM synth module...but maybe a step backwards for those of us already deep into Giga stuff, yet haven\'t the budget for EWQLSO and high end stuff??? One thing\'s for sure, you\'re getting a lot for $249.00...it would probably be worth it...decisions..

dear Aaron Levitz: I don´t said anything Bad about Alan or his composition but only that it sounds like done whit some old libraries. I KNOW: GPO is CHEAP. BUT: many peoples said there \"it just made so quick\" but SORRY me it is long only about 2 minutes and only whit small ensamble. It is not GPO´s but Alans skill that he made this composition so quick. And sorry - don´t want to start that again but- SILVER (which is my personal favorite of cheap libraries) sounds many more clear. I really think that those noisy/unclean sound has nothing to do whit controlers,expresions...it just the how is GPO recorded - and it really sounds like AO or Vitous...

hi Alexcremers!
    I know what you mean - and I looking on that just like I don´t have anything: After i heard this demo - I say that I don´t like sound of it - I dont sayng to ALAN \"buy expensive library\" but I awaiting, also from cheap library, much more \"clean ,out of the box sound.\" I RESPECT users and devolepers. I respect taht Alan show us how GPO really sounds - when it´s not maintained by veteran profi composers. Maybe after someone who buy SILVER post his demo i change my mind...

PICE TO ALL, MAKE music not WAR!
    (all - please notice that i also want to buy one cheap library- and so I take these debates about them more hard than just say on everything \"nice\" \"sweet\" beatifull\" i need objectivity no loiality..)

Go Back to forum