• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL Demo Cube: how are the samples crippled?

Share/Bookmark

VSL Demo Cube: how are the samples crippled?

I read that the demo gives you some actual samples to play with. How are these crippled from the full versions of the samples ?

Thanks

Re: VSL Demo Cube: how are the samples crippled?

I dont think they are, but you dont get 80gb of them

Sam

You don\'t get the full range of the instruments or all the articulations etc. For example the violins only cover an octave or so althought there are quite a few articulations.

Marsdy, do you know if we are nonetheless allowed to use the demo sounds in our commercial work?

I\'ll wager the license agreement is strict and states that you can only use the sounds for demonstration purposes. I mean, nothing\'s stopping you from using them commercially, until someone recognizes the sounds and finds out you never bought VSL and are using the demo cube sounds [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Not a good idea really.

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Marsdy, do you know if we are nonetheless allowed to use the demo sounds in our commercial work?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ned

There doesn\'t seem to be any mention of licensing for the demo GIGs on the CD sleeve or any electronic documentation on the CD-ROM itself. Don\'t know if that means they are safe to use or not. It doesn\'t say you can\'t use them as far as I can see.

Not sure how much use you\'d get out of the samples because as I said, they do cover a limited range.

I\'m a little confused about these demo CDs though. I was only sent one from Time Space in the UK without charge and I keep seeing mention of this double CD Demo Cube that is $10 or something. The CD I got has audio demos, 515Mb of .GIGs, some QT movies and the Legato Tool demo.

I have both demo CDs. One has the QT movies and audio demos. The other has the demo Gigs, legato tool program, and some pdf documentation.
    If you only got one CD either you got less of what I got, or everything can really fit on one CD.

Anthony Lombardi
    www.mp3.com/alombardi

Originally posted by tonylombardi:
    I have both demo CDs. One has the QT movies and audio demos. The other has the demo Gigs, legato tool program, and some pdf documentation.
    If you only got one CD either you got less of what I got, or everything can really fit on one CD.

Anthony Lombardi
    www.mp3.com/alombardi
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There seems to be 747MB on the CD I have. It\'s called Demo CD 2.0 and has what appears to be a catalog number of VSL DCD2002

Perhaps they\'ve managed to squeeze everything onto one CD. I have 8 audio tracks and 8 .GIG flles.

I got two CDs, Dave and they came from Time + Space. I had to pay £5 for them though. I didn\'t know you could get a demo CD for free. I got the CDs through VSL and it was redirected to Time + Space.

r />I got two CDs, Dave and they came from Time + Space. I had to pay £5 for them though. I didn\'t know you could get a demo CD for free. I got the CDs through VSL and it was redirected to Time + Space.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what I\'m missing on my one CD. Do you have more than 8 .GIG files?

There\'s a mailto link on the VSL page of the Time Space site (same place you can download the contents PDFs) where you can request the free CD. Maybe that\'s why I got mine before you.

Go Back to forum