• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Mock-up wishes for VSL and EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

Mock-up wishes for VSL and EWQLSO

I just wondered about what mock-ups I would like to hear from the new upcoming and expensive libraries. Here are my four requests:

Adagio for Strings (S. Barber) main theme from Oliver Stones \"Platoon\" movie.

Hedwigs Theme (J. Williams) from the \"Harry Potter\" movie.

The Valkyrie (R. Wagner) from the \"Apocalypse Now\" movie.

Crazy Tom (G. Yared) from the \"Talent Mr. Ripley\" movie.

Sigh. Just my 4 cents of wishes...

Love - Chris

Re: Mock-up wishes for VSL and EWQLSO

Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (R. Vaughan Williams)

nope, you guys dont ask for much...thats for sure....

ok, it\'s highly doubtful.... but, I\'m gonna hold my breathe anyways [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Isle of the Dead - Rachmaninoff

Firebird Suite (1919 version)

My demo suggestions are wrote down in the EW/QL forum (by many others):

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000016

Hansi

What we need is a John Williams mock-up. I have never heard any commercial libraries taking up this challenge. If you have doubts whether the library can mock it up - just mock-up the Jaws theme. Hehehe. Personally I would LOVE to hear a Harry Potter mock-up or maybe his Scherzo for Motorcycle taken from the Indiana Jones III album - wonderful piece btw.

Love - Chris

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

You guys need to get out more.

I totally agree Bruce. But the John Williams (H. Potter) mock-up is just the best overall test you can do - or the Samuel Barbers \"Adagio for strings\". Reason? The pieces are expressive and I think (listening to VSL) thats exactly what the libraries lack. This might be due to composition (which I hope). What would you suggest Bruce? What could bring me outside some more? (Btw. Thx for posting superb information in relation to mic placements. You are a god!)

Love - Chris

Originally posted by Lewis:
    I totally agree Bruce. But the John Williams (H. Potter) mock-up is just the best overall test you can do.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree but I don\'t see that the VSL will necessarily be able to acomplish it. The performance set includes many different types of runs but I don\'t really see the point. I almost never use sampled runs even though I have them \'cos they are never what I need! I don\'t see how you could possibly record enough runs at enough different tempos to cater for every type of melodic run. We\'d be better off coming up with a way of making any type of run from realistic building blocks.

Originally posted by pantonality:
    I seem to recall the issue with demos and mockups being copyrights. If it isn\'t in the public domain don\'t bother asking. Since Williams is still alive and hasn\'t been dead for 75 years no sample developer is going to pay the big $$$ to do a demo. That\'s why the Blue Danube is what\'s available from VSL. So forget Stravinsky, RVW, or Rachmaninoff. You could get Wagner or Mahler. With that in mind, keep making suggestions.

Steve
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well the VSL already have the Airforce One theme mockup at their site.....and the GOS site has my Harry Potter mockup there, and a few other movie score mockups so I guess its ok to do stuff like that....isn\'t it?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast