• Register
  • Help

Topic: Instant Orchestra owners - be sure you're up to date!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Instant Orchestra owners - be sure you're up to date!

Forum stalwart, Chip "Reberclark" recently asked a very good question. I want to make sure all Instant Orchestra owners are aware of what was resolved on his recent thread:

"An ARIA Question"

The upshot of it all is that Instant Orchestra version 1.03 was released in Feb of this year, but a lot of users may not be aware of that. I don't recall any fanfare, and now, confusingly, when you look at your account page at Make Music, your available downloads don't have version numbers listed. You cannot tell just from looking that the IO link is actually to a version that could be newer than yours.

If you bought IO since Feb, then you have the newest version, 1.03. If you bought it before that time, you have the older, broken version, unless you've updated your Library.

In ARIA, after you've loaded an IO instrument, the first tab, Info, will list the version number you have.

You must upgrade to v. 1.03 if you haven't already, because, as explained on Chip's thread above, you will get opcode error messages if you're still using the old IO but have a recent ARIA. You will also have some instruments completely missing from the menu.

SO - Thank You, Chip, for bringing this to the attention of the Forum.

Obviously, MakeMusic needs to add information to our account pages. To not list the version number of the libraries completely obscures updates as they're posted.

1) Sign in at MakeMusic.
    2) Go to your account page (not the download page)
    3) If you have registered IO, it will be in your list of purchased Libraries.
    4) Click the Download button even though it doesn't tell you what version of IO it's for - This is the path to v.1.03

Randy

Re: Instant Orchestra owners - be sure you're up to date!

Thanks for bringing that up, Randy. I missed that update. I just checked and my version is 1.0. I will take care of this pronto!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Well....that was a bust. When I go to the download page I'm not finding anything about an Instant Orchestra update. The latest update I find is for Aria Player 1.620. Nothing is mentioned about an update for IO. If you know where it is, could you put a link to it Randy? Thanks!

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Well....that was a bust. When I go to the download page I'm not finding anything about an Instant Orchestra update. The latest update I find is for Aria Player 1.620. Nothing is mentioned about an update for IO. If you know where it is, could you put a link to it Randy? Thanks!
    Gary, you'll find it on your account page if you've registered IO at MM, not on the download page. It doesn't have the version number, just IO listed with the download button - but that's the new version, as Chip discovered.

Randy

OK, Randy, thanks!

Hola y'all, long time no see and I hope you've all been well.
    I recently uninstalled/reinstalled my OS (win 7-64 bit) and having to fresh install everything.
    It appears there have been a few updates to dang near everything Garritan related.
    I want to make sure I don't muck anything up so let me run this by you guys...I'm now downloading the latest GPO and IO from my makemusic account.
    I just downloaded aria_player_1.620_win and win_aria_1.6.26 update (those are the only 2 I need right?).
    I'm guessing I should 1st install aria player, then the update and then drag the authentication .png into aria?

Thanks so much my friends,
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    I'm guessing I should 1st install aria player, then the update and then drag the authentication .png into aria?...
    As I recall, I think you need to install the ARIA Engine first - It'll be labeled, then the ARIA Player. Then, yes, drag your registration card on to the interface in stand alone mode.

Long time no see, Randy!

The Other Randy

Thanks, Randy. That cleared up the mysterious error messages I was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Buck View Post
    Thanks, Randy. That cleared up the mysterious error messages I was getting.
    Good deal, Henry - Thanks for letting me know. When Chip brought this issue up on that recent thread, it made me realized that we shouldn't have been taking it for granted that all IO owners knew there had been a critical update in February. I'm glad this thread is helping people become more aware.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    As I recall, I think you need to install the ARIA Engine first - It'll be labeled, then the ARIA Player. Then, yes, drag your registration card on to the interface in stand alone mode.Long time no see, Randy!The Other Randy
    Thanks bud!

Go Back to forum