• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help....Quick PC Question

Share/Bookmark

Help....Quick PC Question

I\'m a Mac user so pardon my ignorance...I have a PC running Giga but other than that I know nothing about the PC. I just downloaded
    a file from Sonic Implants that is in the format
    .asp. When I try to open it on the PC to save as a Gig file, the PC asks me what application I want to use to open the file. I have no idea.

What do I need to do here?

Thanks!

Re: Help....Quick PC Question

You probably need to download a free version of WinZip if you do not already have it on your PC, which is the PC form of Stuffit Expander for Macintosh. With WinZip sitting on your computer, it will automatically make an association with the instrument file you just downloaded, thus permitting you to extract the file.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Tom,

A file with a .asp extension is likely an internet page. You probably needed to click it and go on to the download page. ASP stands for Active Server Page.

-- Martin

Originally posted by mschiff:
    Tom,

A file with a .asp extension is likely an internet page. You probably needed to click it and go on to the download page. ASP stands for Active Server Page.

-- Martin
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, I spoke to David Fox about this at Sonic Implants and he said he didn\'t know why Macs did this to the download.

All I needed to do was rename the file to have an \"exe\" suffix, and it worked fine. Strange!

Go Back to forum