• Register
  • Help

Topic: Map of Erthia (My Game Project)

Share/Bookmark

Map of Erthia (My Game Project)

This is the 2013 up to date map of the Erthia from my project, "Legend of Erthia." I just finished it a few days ago. The last update to the map was back in 2008. Legend of Erthia are Might and Magic (LOE - Armageddon) and Ultima (LOE - The Etheral Gate) Inspired projects I am working. I have shared some of the compositions previously.

Legend of Erthia:
    https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Open image in new window or save image to view in large mode!

Latest screenshots for LOE - Armageddon:

Re: Map of Erthia (My Game Project)

Cool, Richard!

The map looks great - and I know you didn't ask for an editor, but a few things caught my eye:

--"Balance" is misspelled.

--I think it would be better to be stylistically consistent with those lists on the left. Some start with "The," others don't. You could have them all with no "The" - so:

Cities of Erthia
    Balance of Power
    Armies of Order
    Leadership of Erthia

--Either that, or all with "The" - but I don't think you need "The" at all really.

Under the compass, I think it would be stronger, more bold, to just say "Erthia" - We can see it's a map. Maps usually just label what they're a map of. You look at a map of a country, it just lists the name, e.g. "The United States," not "Map of The United States," and the same for any other country.

So, there's my editorial input. You at least of course want to fix "Balance."

Looking good!

Randy

OMG, thanks soooo much Randy!!! I totally overlooked the spelling of balance. I am surprised nobody else noticed on the FB page. I agree, with the consistency! I am going to make all of the changes as you described.

EDIT: Map has been updated to reflect on changes. *Note, I need to focus more when I create things at 3:30 in the morning

Thanks again for your help!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    ...I need to focus more when I create things at 3:30 in the morning
    hehe--We can all relate to that, Richard! - The new version looks really good, I think it's more bold now, in keeping with the mood of your whole project. I'm glad my observations were helpful.

My wife pointed out that I wasn't completely right, that maps sometimes do say "Map of the World" or "Map of the United States," and she's right - But it always looks better to me when the word "map" isn't used. In this case, it definitely looks more effective to just have "Erthia" under the compass.

As always, wishing you lots of success with all of this, Richard, and it's good to see you're still having so much fun with it.

Randy

Thanks Randy! If there has one thing I love doing in life is creating things. When I was a kid I use to draw games on paper, the world, levels, etc! It's been something I always enjoyed doing. With LOE, one thing I love is the the advice I get from others, it helps the game grow. I am always putting out polls to give fans their feedback on to help the development of LOE.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    hehe--We can all relate to that, Richard! - The new version looks really good, I think it's more bold now, in keeping with the mood of your whole project. I'm glad my observations were helpful.

My wife pointed out that I wasn't completely right, that maps sometimes do say "Map of the World" or "Map of the United States," and she's right - But it always looks better to me when the word "map" isn't used. In this case, it definitely looks more effective to just have "Erthia" under the compass.

As always, wishing you lots of success with all of this, Richard, and it's good to see you're still having so much fun with it.

Randy

Go Back to forum