• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Wurlitzer demo

Re: Scarbee Wurlitzer demo

Very Very Nice indeed..

Well done, good playing, mix is very good too. Maybe, just maybe the Wurlitzer a tad too dry. But it\'s for demo reasons, right? Okay, then I dig.

Alex Cremers

just lovely, BTW, the drums are incredible here..Erskine really got it down here..

Alan Russell

Thank you all for the very nice comments!

I didn\'t except much feedback since this is not a place primarily created for fusion players [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

JJD: merci beaucoup, much appreciated.

Alex: yes, i know what you mean about the reverb. Since some pads are pretty wet (i added some PCM80 to them for reverb and fxs) I figured the main lead could show what the instrument sounded like as is.

Alan. Thank you very much buddy. Yes, this Erskine guy isn\'t bad, is he! It\'s a real treat to have these types of groves to play along with. I wish they had the equivalent of Drumkit from Hell but with a player of Erskine\'s caliber and that would also include a ton of loops (including odd meters s\'il vous plait) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BTW: i enjoyed your latest Christmas demo, very nice piano playing and overall orchestration. Now, if Erskine was playing the drums you\'d have a winner [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I just love the tone of the wurli at low velocities, i dig the modulation wheel controlled vibrato . I also love the edge you get when hitting hard in the lower register. My next demo will showcase that character. I think Thomas did a great job with this library.

And a surprise is coming your way soon ;-)

Scarbee Wurlitzer demo

Hi All,

here is a jazz/fusion demo I made for the Scarbee Wurli.

The Fire Within

I decided to stay with a typical fusion quartet instrumentation:
    Scarbee Wurli (lead, riff and pads),
    Scarbee Slap\'n\'Finger bass,
    loops from the Erskine library
    and guitars by me.
    I added a few percussions (Wizoo) in the bridge and programmed the drums fills using Drumkit from hell.

Hope you enjoy it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum