• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A Cue I recently finished

A Cue I recently finished

It seems that many of the forum members post some work of theirs at some point and kind of show what they do. I\'ll join in, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sharmy was kind enough to lend me a little space for this cue I did as a demo for a movie. They were looking for \"Dark\" , \"playfully scary\" \"with a little of electronica\" in it. Would be interested to hear what you guys think.

And thanks agian to Sharmy for the link.

Re: A Cue I recently finished

Excellent piece! I\'m new to GS and am wondering how you get intrument swells. ...like, about 9 seconds into your cue, the horn comes in...is it a parameter mod or is the sample like that?
    Do you have a humungous library, or was most of this done with a basic orchestral collection?
    I\'d like to hear something you\'ve done for a light, dreamy, non-dark feel.
    Did you get the gig for the movie?
    Hope this ain\'t too many questions.....thanks

you know what you must do! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Please post what sound libs you use in this piece, which is btw. a great music for film. You went for Dark, and you succeed!

Btw. I wish you all a happy new year and thx for the past.

Los Angeles

I think it\'s great, great vibe!!! I love hybrid pieces the most, as well as dark.

I too would like to know what libs this cue uses...

If I had to get picky about the mix, I\'d say I wish the kick was a little more emphasized. I like to feel it a bit more (personal taste).

Great job!

P.S. So this is the site where the talented folks hang... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I\'ve been very inspired buy the music I\'ve heard on this site since I joined a few days ago!!!

Burbank, CA. US of Mexico

Geez. That is indeed really good stuff! Thanks for sharing that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well you sure nailed it (\"Dark\" , \"playfully scary\" \"with a little of electronica\" in it).

Great work!

-- Martin

That is really good.

UK- teeming with life....

Fursty (you make me)

That\'s really good in the genre....from the shocking opening which nearly made me drop my scotch right to the end. It certainly met the requirements and is very ingenious....Who said you need real orchestras!!

There was one thing that could be improved, if you want my amateur, hobbyist opinion (my ears are as professional as they come, though! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] )and that is that the trumpet run-up at ~1:30 into the piece could usefully have the first couple of notes replaced by more discordant ones....they sounded out of place.

I\'m only on 57k and I don\'t often load pieces all the way...but yours passed this test...Well done!

Wow, yeah, really good stuff.

YES! Great action) im such an action freak and i really like what i hear! Congrats man

Go Back to forum