• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Soft Looped Sustained Strings

Share/Bookmark

Soft Looped Sustained Strings

Hello friends,

I\'m looking for soft looped sustained strings. I already own GOS, but the only looped strings are harmonics. I\'ve ordered GOP, but I\'m wondering what you think are the best out there, particulary in the ppp department... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and it would be great if I didn\'t have to break the bank in order to buy them.

Re: Soft Looped Sustained Strings

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Hello friends,

I\'m looking for soft looped sustained strings. I already own GOS, but the only looped strings are harmonics. I\'ve ordered GOP, but I\'m wondering what you think are the best out there, particulary in the ppp department... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and it would be great if I didn\'t have to break the bank in order to buy them.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ned,
    The Grand sustains and Kings strings from GOS are both looped but I don\'t think there is a true ppp layer in GOS.

Brian

The Tender patches in GOS are ideal for ppp strings though I can\'t remember if they are looped or not...

Originally posted by brewick:
    The Tender patches in GOS are ideal for ppp strings though I can\'t remember if they are looped or not...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No, they´re not but Brain is right. The King Strings are looped and there is for example the KI \"1stViolins Piano\" patch. You may try them Ned.

Best
    Holger

Hi Ned

You can make quite nice things with the KI strings.. I made this example with them some time ago, hope it can be of some sort of help:

www.nicklas-schmidt.com/demo/daydreaming.mp3

BTW: Did you check out Sonic Implants MINI? They sound real sweet and are looped! - very tender and intimate..

I would check out the roland pp strings.

Thomas

Actually the Roland Orchestra II expansion card has some great sustained soft strings, well actually only one patch, but it is pretty good.
    St StringOrch p. I use them quite a bit.

Tim

Thanks for all the great tips, people! I think I\'ll be checking out SI Mini for now... or maybe the full SI! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I think VSL\'s Flautando strings are amazingly gorgeous. I want it!

SI just released a very mini version of their ensemble strings for $49.95. They sound very smooth and useful for the money. Soundfont format.
    Cheers,
    J

Go Back to forum