• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: OT-experiences with Creamware Pulsar2/Scope?

Share/Bookmark

OT-experiences with Creamware Pulsar2/Scope?

Hi!

I\'m interested in getting a creamware pulsar 2 card; I\'ve read good things about it, and I\'m very much into sounddesign/synthprogramming.
    Does anyone around here have such a card, and if so, can you tell me more about the sound/general use/good&bad points?
    My reasons for getting such a card are several:
    -low latency for both on board synths and vst softsynths
    -modular 3 enviromnent for programming my own synths/fx
    -spl transient designer (I can not believe how useful this thing can be...I downloaded phisphones\' dominator which is based on the same principle, and it is fantastic on percussion and soundeffects to add punch or increase/decrease general ambience)

I would be using it on a mac with Logic 5.5.

Cheers,

Joe

Re: OT-experiences with Creamware Pulsar2/Scope?

Joe,

I\'ve got a Luna II plus a Pulsar XTC Board which I\'m just using for the extra DSP\'s. I\'m running everything in Scope Fusion Platform 3.1c and loving every minute of it! Gigastudio is wired into the Scope environment allowing me to process all 8 Giga outs with any of the Scope Devices / Plugins before I send the signal to Cubase SX without ever leaving the DAW. Low latency (3ms), great sound / outstanding routing capabilites....I love it.

Good luck.

Chris Luke [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

By all means. Use the right forum for this question. Maybe hardware? Soundcards?

Love - Chris

I use a Luna card and I couldn\'t be happier except with a scope board (15 dsps). The modular synth is astounding as are most of the plug-ins I\'ve tried. I don\'t think you can be disappointed with cw stuff.

Joris,

I\'ve got a Pulsar 2 and I\'m very happy with it - low latency, great routing options, built in synths etc.,

When I bought the card VST was more a concept than a part of everyday life. Now, however, the format has become more sophisticated, Asio 2 is fater, and there are excellent synths and fx plugins available for VST.

Although I hear Emagic hasn\'t quite been able to match the performance of Steinberg when utilising VST (good argument against proprietary \'standards\'), I\'m sure their input with Apple on the hardware audio core will produce equivalent or better results in the near future.

That being the case, I wonder how much more value you\'d get out of a Pulsar card using plugins designed for a smallish user base than VST which has a pretty darned large market.

Also, ask around and see how many DSPs will be needed to accomplish what you want to do comfortably - you may find you need a Pulsar 2 PLUS a second DSP card.

You should be able to get expert opinion from guys like John Cooper and Atomic on this forum:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/index.php

Let us know what you decide [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Lewis:
    By all means. Use the right forum for this question. Maybe hardware? Soundcards?

Love - Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is why I put \'OT\' at the start of my posting subject. In any case, I get the impression that this is the most read Forum, which is why I posted it here.

Thanks for all the replies!
    Chadwick, I\'ll go and check the forums out.
    It is hard to find any info about the DSP usage of the various modules. I noticed under Protools that DSP\'s aren\'t always used that effectively; it was only after getting 3 farms (12 dsp\'s) that I had all the power I needed.
    Another somewhat more concerning note: my dealer told me that Creamware is in big trouble and that both the director and senior dsp engineer left the company. He also betatests for them and said he hadn\'t recieved any feedback or updates for ages.
    Despite this I\'m still very interested so I might just have to pick up a card secondhand! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Joe

Why put an OFF TOPIC when there are plenty of dedicated forums on this very website for those sorts of issues? Would you PLEASE explain that? Because - I really dont understand why you go OT on subject we got places for, namely, soundcards and/or hardware!? Let me help you... >>>

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=1

Love - Chris

Originally posted by Lewis:

Love - Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The reason people don\'t do that is \'cos this is the _only_ forum section a lot of people go to. If he posted it in the correct one then he probably would be lucky if he got an answer. Don\'t try to change the forum, its fine the way it is. Besides, what are you gonna do next time Nick posts his political views here?

Nick is a god. He has privileges normal human beings dont have. You cannot make a comparison in this case - and mind you - he is totally right on his views. Anyway. Keep on posting off-topics - even though we have dedicated forums. I will probably survive it - even though I think that the attitude will slowly spoil any dedicated forum in the end.

Sigh. Love - Chris

Lewis ..... you trying to police the forum now ?

Go Back to forum