• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some Video Game related music...

Share/Bookmark

Some Video Game related music...

Some of you might know that our very good forum member Richard (sururick) is creating a game The Legend of Erthia, and I offered to help with the soundtrack and compose some tracks.

Here's one of the tracks I created for the game - it's a track for one of the largest cities in the game.

'The City of Etherberg'

One video per post, so I'll follow this up with one more track - this time inspired by the game 'Warhammer'.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Some Video Game related music...

The 2nd track is called 'For the Emperor' and is inspired by Warhammer 40k from Games Workshop.

As usual, the full library list is

Cinebrass
    Cinewinds
    Albion Spitfire
    Cinematic Strings 2
    True Strike (percussion)
    East West Gold
    Requiem Light (choirs)
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks Graham! I am loving this piece, you did a fantastic job on this. Fits the leading city of Ertha well! Prominent, powerful, and royal!

Also, that is a nice tune you have done with the warhammer composition. I have never heard their soundtrack before.

Thanks again for your help on LOE's music,

Richard

What a team! Terrific soundtrack work, Graham - and Richard, you must be in heaven over having the might and power of the one-and-only PLOWKING on your team. Congratulations to you both - Wonderful stuff!

Randy

Thanks Randy! It is an honor having Graham helping out with the tracks. He has composed a few tracks now all in which are SWEET!!! and fit the game perfectly! I can't wait to get a new full gameplay video out with his compositions in. Also, with the speech which I have been practicing with the tips you gave me. However, at the moment I lobbed up in level design, implementing quests that my quest designer wrote up. I just finished the day and night schedule and food (need it to survive) system to the game. I have a bit of the atmosphere system in place (fog, snow, rain, etc). It's fun though and progress is moving quite well.

Regards,

Richard

I started listening to these pieces a couple of days ago, but got pulled away on some other tasks. Both of these just sound great. I love the way that the themes seamlessly transfer over to different instrumentation. I particularly noticed it in the warhammer piece. I also like the dramatic build that takes place. You guys make a great team. Nice post indeed.
    Jay.

Thanks Randy, Jay, and of course, Richard. *Blush*!

I compose music mainly just because I love it, and I love having an 'idea' to compose to, as many here do, such as a game with characters and different locations requiring themes, a style or emotion etc.

Happy to help and showcase the music I give to Richard, as his accepting my offer of helping led me to create them.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Hi Graham,

Really nice music! Love what you did for "The City Of Etherberg". It is indeed 'large' and majestic and feels really massive ... but there is a prevailing undercurrent of fantasy, which I think is needed for what you are doing with Richard's game. It's a little reminisent of some of the Herrmann scores for Harryheussen (Sinbad, Jason/Arrgonauts, et al). But when the trumpet plays, it then reminds me more of John Williams!

Very enjoyable listening and I think it's neat when Forum members collaborate.

Frank

Go Back to forum