• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: I Figured it Out!!! SFZ into Aria!!!

Share/Bookmark

I Figured it Out!!! SFZ into Aria!!!

Well, I spent all day today studying the Aria SFZ files and how things work. I was so desperate to get my Black Grand into Aria. I can't stand kontakt anymore... Aria has won my heart. So, I had to figure it out no matter how long it took! I think I am going to work on the task of converting some of my favorite instruments from Dimension Pro and the soloists from DIVA Revamp. This is so cool. I am so glad I got that Black Grand in there. It preforms much better with much more flexibility. Another important reason why I tackled this is because I want to use the built in mixer for reverb... man that will save so much time then creating tons of audio tracks from midi. Aria is the way to go!!

Re: I Figured it Out!!! SFZ into Aria!!!

I don't know if you found a way to put your (any?) samples into Aria and just forgot to tell us how, or your success to get this piano into Aria is a unique process.
    I have a lot of Giga samples which I would love to have in Aria, the way I am using them are not as good as they could be in Aria, and yes, the reverb is superb and easy...
    So, if you have time, would you tell us if you think it is possible to get Giga samples into Aria, or I am dreaming? (Or just ignorant?)

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I don't know if you found a way to put your (any?) samples into Aria and just forgot to tell us how, or your success to get this piano into Aria is a unique process.
    Richard- Ted sure has a good point! You say in your subject line that you figured something out, but your post doesn't say anything about how you figured out what you were doing.

It looks to me like you might have followed the instructions Jim Snyder has posted for us several times. He shows the way to make programs for ARIA so that when you open a 3rd party instrument, the Controls window will be populated with controls, as seen in your screen shot. That's super!

BUT - ARIA is an SFZ file player - So it will open ANY SFZ instrument without the user doing any work. You can use the Import function and load any SFZ file. Even easier - You just drag the SFZ for an instrument and drag it on to the ARIA interface and the samples automatically load. That's the way I use my own Autoharp SFZ instrument in ARIA.

When you simply import/drag, the instrument will probably function correctly, but you won't have any Controls available on that tab. So, if having access to all the knobs is critical, then you do indeed need to step through a process like in Jim Snyder's tutorial. But I wanted to point out that since ARIA is an SFZ Player, the user doesn't have to do anything to open 3rd party instruments up.

Here's a quote from Jim and a link to his tutorial:

"...I wrote up how to create a whole other sound bank that shows up in the Aria menus as well as adds UI controls to your SF2/SFZ sounds. Going through this effort is only worth it if you plan to use a sound A LOT. Otherwise a simple SFZ import might do just fine..."

Adding New Banks to ARIA Player

ALSO - the current ARIA is able to import SoundFont SF2 files and Wav files. You just drag them in. ARIA will generate an SFZ file, AND adds that instrument to the instrument drop down list as "Converted"- that will be a new category listed at the bottom of the drop down. The SoundFont instruments that I've tried so far work exactly as they were originally programmed. You'll have hit and miss results with .wav files since those are just raw data.

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I have a lot of Giga samples which I would love to have in Aria, the way I am using them are not as good as they could be in Aria, and yes, the reverb is superb and easy...is it possible to get Giga samples into Aria...?
    No, Giga instruments can't be opened in ARIA. Those were done with very different technology. The original Garritan Orchestral Strings was a Giga Library, and converting it to be an ARIA Library is the challenge we've all been hoping the ARIA team tackles at some point.

SO - Richard, will you come back to the thread and say more about what you did? Did you have to dig up info online and figure it all out yourself, or did you find Jim's tutorial - or?-- And I hope you see from this reply that if you want more 3rd party instruments in ARIA, now it's just a simple matter of drag-n-drop, unless you want to also have all the control knobs displayed, in which case there is more work involved.

Randy

Hey Guys! I am sorry, I was just so dang excited lol and about 1am in the morning and wanted to share the success. I will write up a tutorial on how to do this. It is a bit complicated, but it is worth the effort in the end. I'll start right away on this and post it before the end of the day. I did not use any tutorial I did this completely on my own by examining the files and figuring it out. Getting those knobs in was crucial. Drag and drop left out quite a bit of features.

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Hey Guys! I am sorry, I was just so dang excited lol and about 1am in the morning and wanted to share the success. I will write up a tutorial on how to do this. It is a bit complicated, but it is worth the effort in the end. I'll start right away on this and post it before the end of the day. I did not use any tutorial I did this completely on my own by examining the files and figuring it out. Getting those knobs in was crucial. Drag and drop left out quite a bit of features.
    ---Did you read my post, Richard? I hope you don't re-invent the wheel, writing up a tutorial - Jim Snyder already did that some time ago, and I've posted the link here on your thread.

I've used 3rd party instruments quite a few times in ARIA, just dragging and dropping since they're fully functional, not finding the need for the page of knobs - But as Jim said in the quote I pulled out from him, if you use something a lot and really feel the need for seeing the controls, then as you're saying, you can get that by doing some editing. The instruments aren't really missing features, the list of controls just isn't displayed.

SO - don't do more work than you need - Take a look at Jim's tute and see if that won't suffice.

Randy

Hey Randy,

I clicked on the link and it didn't work comes up as missing page. However, I don't mind spending the time to write up what I did. Glad to help as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ---Did you read my post, Richard? I hope you don't re-invent the wheel, writing up a tutorial - Jim Snyder already did that some time ago, and I've posted the link here on your thread.

I've used 3rd party instruments quite a few times in ARIA, just dragging and dropping since they're fully functional, not finding the need for the page of knobs - But as Jim said in the quote I pulled out from him, if you use something a lot and really feel the need for seeing the controls, then as you're saying, you can get that by doing some editing. The instruments aren't really missing features, the list of controls just isn't displayed.

SO - don't do more work than you need - Take a look at Jim's tute and see if that won't suffice.

Randy

Hey Randy,

I clicked on the link and it didn't work comes up as missing page. However, I don't mind spending the time to write up what I did. Glad to help as much as I can.
    Dang, I hate when that happens - The link got broken when I put my post together. It's definitely still there, I have it open on a tab. Here's the direct link:

http://jdsnyderii.wordpress.com/musi...o-aria-player/

It's very thorough, in a zip with samples, detailed instructions. You really need to take a look, Richard. No reason to re-invent the wheel, as I said earlier.

EDIT: I fixed the link in my earlier post. And for the sake of anyone who may be confused by this thread - 3rd party SFZ instruments and SoundFont SF2 files work automatically in ARIA. If you're wanting to use a 3rd party instrument a LOT, then it might be worthwhile doing some programming so the controls will show up in ARIA. But I'm sure a lot of people will be happy just using drag-n-drop - that's all I ever do, and it works great.

Randy

...I just made an SFZ from using the demo of Extreme Sample Converter, it creates burst of noises in the samples in demo version, but I was just able to recopy the original samples over because they are open and stored in a directory, but I got the regions and sfz file set through the demo...Should I share what I did? Or just leave it as this, I did indeed do mine a bit differently, but I don't want to confuse people.
    I was just trying to save you some work, Richard - People can sort out the info if they're interested, so go ahead and post what you have.

Um - but the part I'm not sure you should have shared is that you just now told us how you pirated software. With enough ingenuity and determination, people can rip off any software instrument, including ones from Garritan-- So -- You don't want to give instructions for hacking a demo like you've mentioned here, or any process that could be used for pirating something.

---

Randy

I removed that post, my apologies. I had the wrong idea in mind, as I was using the official demo, I don't believe in piracy, but Randy made some good points.

I removed that post, my apologies. I had the wrong idea in mind, as I was using the official demo, I don't believe in piracy, but Randy made some good points.
    ---That was a good plan, to remove that post, Richard. And now you need to look at what you've said in this post since it doesn't make any sense.

You thought it wasn't piracy to extract samples from a demo--? You made a fully functioning SFZ instrument from a demo - Um, that's a pretty good example of one way software is pirated.

But go ahead and post your instructions if you'd like, just be careful to not give instructions in how to become Captain RipOff.

Randy

Go Back to forum