• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere

Got my first taste of Atmosphere last night (after taking forever to install it) and all I can say is wow...

Re: Atmosphere

Yep, a beauty, isn\'it?

...yeah Atmosphere blows me away every time I fire it up...

Yeah, same here. So many \"useable\" sounds.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the \'user\' perspective. Can you tell us for what kind of \'projects\' or \'genres\' of music you usually find yourself going to Atmosphere for. Many thanks (the demos sound terrific).

Rob

WOW! I just listened to the Demos. $400 sounds like a bargain for this. I\'ll have to get it eventually, as it sounds like it is right up my alley.

The shear number of colors this tool puts at your finger tips is staggering. Easily one of the most diverse instruments I\'ve had the pleasure (and it is) of working with. I would recomend Atmosphere to anyone.

The only thing I find myself wishing for from time to time is the ability to tempo sync the LFO\'s with the sequencer. The manual makes mention of a future update that would allow for this. I\'m hoping this is something we\'ll see soon, as the biggest reason I turn to other plugs is for that feature. Still, what a brilliant app!

mike

My initial reaction to Atmosphere is \"Sci-Fi or Horror movies,\" but I think that reaction is short-sighted. Listen to Martin Sprujet\'s (sp? forgive me, Martin -- considering you\'re THE best composer I\'ve seen in these forums, I should know how to spell your name) Hollywood strings demo and you\'ll see there\'s a whole lot more that can be done.

I do, however, think it\'s perfect for the independent moviemaker who can\'t afford a composer... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Slap a few of these sounds on a scene and you have instant... Atmosphere.

Thanks for the \'user\' perspective. Can you tell us for what kind of \'projects\' or \'genres\' of music you usually find yourself going to Atmosphere for. Many thanks (the demos sound terrific).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t think Atmosphere can be locked in to any style or genre really, it has a HUGE soundbank.

Some of the sounds are very organic too and can be used in orchestral arrangements or places you\'d least expect.

I\'ve said this before, but one of the things I love is the grouping of the sounds It makes it much easier to narrow the search for the right sound at any given time.

My god, look at the size of that list. I\'ll be in bliss for hours......

Go Back to forum