• Register
  • Help

Topic: Progressive bass concepts: Bass character

Share/Bookmark

Progressive bass concepts: Bass character

Is there any samples libraries available featuring any kind of electric bass with a progressive metal/hard rock character and impact?

I\'m talking about Dream Theater and similar and don\'t worry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I already know how the bass player fingers, hands and brain do the real job.

Just curious,
    thanks for the help,
    Alberto

Re: Progressive bass concepts: Bass character

Yes....Trilogy has a really intense Rock & Roll bass with a lot of \'edge\" to it.

Coming very soon......

spectrum

PS. Of course it also includes the classic Moog Taurus pedals too....the progressive essential!

Cool news Spectrum,
    anything near Warwick or Smith modern progressive conceived basses (Basically 6-strings models)?

Thanks for the infos,
    Alberto

\"Yes....Trilogy has a really intense Rock & Roll bass with a lot of \'edge\" to it.\"

I NEVER in a million years would have though something called \"Trilogy\" would have eletronic bass guitars, or more to the point \"intense rock and roll bass guitars with a lot of edge to it\"!! Can you please point me to a demo of this rock bass guitar? Thank you!!

hehee..

John Myung [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I dunno, I highly doubt anything will ever sound like this guy. I\'m sure trilogy will wock for basses tho.

There will be another option or two soon as well. I think I\'ve taken to the Johnny Depp thing in From hell with all the absinthe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] nah couldn\'t be...no opium [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Munsie:
    \"Yes....Trilogy has a really intense Rock & Roll bass with a lot of \'edge\" to it.\"

I NEVER in a million years would have though something called \"Trilogy\" would have eletronic bass guitars, or more to the point \"intense rock and roll bass guitars with a lot of edge to it\"!! Can you please point me to a demo of this rock bass guitar? Thank you!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Trilogy is our Epic Bass virtual instrument....named because it is designed to be the definitive Acoustic, Electric and Synth Bass instrument....all three in one instrument.

That\'s the concept.....demos coming soon on the site, or come to NAMM to check it out in person.

best,

spectrum

more info on Trilogy here:
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/trilogy.html

John Myung
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">right as rain King [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    that\'s exactly the sound I need to get out: I know how much (I repeat) this talented guy is giving to the sound, but I would like to start from a good timbre before working on the feel.

Unfortunately, I knew that the answer was not simple.

Thanks a lot for the replies and for the help, wish you the very best for a great inspiring new year,
    Alberto

Look for \"Bass Junk\" (DDBJ) this coming year. Its grindy, nasty, overdriven, organic and very real - from Seattle. And keep in mind...I\'m a Bass Player...

DD

Thanks Mr. Dean for the informations, I will keep my eyes open for any mp3 demo for the moment,

again: best wishes for your music in 2003,
    Alberto

Go Back to forum