• Register
  • Help

Topic: Purrrfect Drums Brush Samples

Purrrfect Drums Brush Samples

I posted a mellow jazz ballad recently that featured the superb Post Steinway D, the fantastic Trilogy Acoustic Bass, and Groove Agent brush drums. The feedback that I got was that the drums were lacking, which I had to agree with. I ended up ordering the Purrrfect Drums, and Brushes, and I must say they are incredible. I ended up redoing the song, but this time a played the snare swirls myself on a Pearl Maple snare. The swirls in Purrfect Brushes are actually very good, but I had already recorded the swirls by the time I got the samples.
    I also replace the rest of the brush kit with the Purrrfect Brush samples, using the GA midi output.
    Definitely an improvement. Here\'s the results:
    www.raylindsley.com/Body and Soul.mp3

Any feedback is welcome.

Re: Purrrfect Drums Brush Samples

The link doesn\'t work correctly because of the spaces, so you need to copy and past the URL.

I downloaded it just fine after pasting the URL.

But the copy I heard seems to be playing at 1/2 speed. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

That\'s as fast as I can play [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Possibly the best \'mocked up\' jazz I\'ve heard. Well done indeed. Those drums are so much better than the GA.

Burbank, CA. US of Mexico

Much better, Ray.
    This time though, the drums are too present for a standard jazz recording. I would be putting some verb on it and slightly rolling off the highs. Plus the kick is too \"rock and roll\". Jazz kicks are felt, not heard. Try something with a soft beater and more of a fluffy attack than something so crispy and high-endy.

Thanks for tajing the time to listen, and for the feedback.
    Once again I think your commentary is spot-on. There was something I didn\'t really like about the kick drum. I\'ll also try tweaking the highs and reverb (although I tend to like a very intimate sound and will always tend to go light on the \'verb).

Original Jazz Mp3s ate

were the open and closed hi hats on a separate midi track here compared to the rest of the drums or was this a complete Midi Drum kit mapped out on ONE midi track?

A suggestion may follow..

Alan Russell

They were on the same midi track. The drum midi tracks were:
    Cymbals (except ride)

Go Back to forum