• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My email notifications have stopped again-argh--!

Share/Bookmark

My email notifications have stopped again-argh--!

As of today, once again my email notifications for new posts on threads stopped working. This happened before, and for me it was a disaster. My "secret" for staying so on top of the Forum is that I'm always instantly alerted when there's something new on a thread I've visited, and the only way to stay notified is to click the link and visit the thread. For me, it's literally impossible to go through the Forums and try to spot any new posts I might not have seen.

How about the rest of you? Is it still working or not?

Bummed Out Randy

Re: My email notifications have stopped again-argh--!

I received all of your notifications since the last one you sent me! Try sending me another and I will let you know.

EDIT: That was yesterday 18th.

Nope- my notifications seem to be down, as well.

Kevin
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Thanks for the responses, Richard and Kevin - This is really unfortunate. I can see again this morning that I'm not getting email notifications. I've looked at General Discussion and The Listening Room and see that there are new posts I didn't know about. The worst of it is knowing there can be posts buried in threads that I'll never discover, without getting email alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    I received all of your notifications since the last one you sent me! Try sending me another and I will let you know.

EDIT: That was yesterday 18th.
    Richard, I'm not talking about Private Messages, which you seem to be thinking of. I'm talking about being subscribed to all new posts on the Forum, and receiving email notifications automatically throughout the day so I can keep track of Forum activity.

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    Nope- my notifications seem to be down, as well.

Kevin
    Gloom - So it's not just me. Thanks, Kevin. - I'm going to see if un-checking, and then checking again the appropriate box in my account info will help. sigh.

Randy

I only have notifications for PM's, by choice, so I'm not much help. I'd rarely be able to respond immediately anyway so best I check any posts manually when I'm actually on the forum.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    I only have notifications for PM's, by choice, so I'm not much help. I'd rarely be able to respond immediately anyway so best I check any posts manually when I'm actually on the forum.
    I see - Thanks for checking in on those, Graham. Do you know if your PM notifications are still working? Here - I'll check that by sending you a PM, we'll see if you get email.

I don't always respond immediately, but wow, I've long since grown to rely on those notifications to keep track of things. Hunting through threads for new posts, that would cut way into my time spent here - wouldn't work at all for me.

The notification system has gone kaput a few times before, and it's always comes back eventually - Hope it does this time.

Randy

Hey Randy,

Wow! ... bummer about this utility being on hiatus again! But bummer on me too ... Mine is not working either .

I wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't post this, but I did notice there were no notifications on the 3-4 threads I've been on, even though there's been activity on them. In my case, I'm just getting my feet wet here again after my hiatus while I was doing my show, so I've had the luxury (temporary I'm sure!) of just peeking in here and there and try and see how the threads are going. No way you can do that, what with your finger on the pulse of nearly everything that passes through this forum.

Let us know if re-setting the switch works for you; I just did so and I'll report back if it fixes my notifications.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I see - Thanks for checking in on those, Graham. Do you know if your PM notifications are still working? Here - I'll check that by sending you a PM, we'll see if you get email.

I don't always respond immediately, but wow, I've long since grown to rely on those notifications to keep track of things. Hunting through threads for new posts, that would cut way into my time spent here - wouldn't work at all for me.

The notification system has gone kaput a few times before, and it's always comes back eventually - Hope it does this time.

Randy
    Seems to be a lot more amiss. Not only did I not get the email, I didn't get a notification from being on the site that PM was there...because...(drum roll)..No PM either.

Seems none of that is working.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Seems to be a lot more amiss. Not only did I not get the email, I didn't get a notification from being on the site that PM was there...because...(drum roll)..No PM either.

Seems none of that is working.
    MY BAD! Phone call as I pushed Send earlier - Forgot to do the test. Doing it---Now!

R

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    ....Let us know if re-setting the switch works for you; I just did so and I'll report back if it fixes my notifications.

Frank
    Alas, it didn't fix the problem.

Hope Administrator PapaChalk sees this thread - PMs haven't seemed to be getting through to him for awhile---

R

Go Back to forum