• Register
  • Help

Topic: Full Strings KS question

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 Full Strings KS question

I'm using an 88-key controller and yet the KS keys for this patch are below the bottom range of my keyboard. The virtual keyboard in the ARIA display contains 97 keys! Is there an easy way to transpose just this patch within ARIA so that C0 becomes the first KS key (i.e. Sustain) without having to transpose from my master controller? I'm really not going to need to play up to C7, but I am going to need keyswitches. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Full Strings KS question

To put it more simply, how do you recommend playing the keyswitches since they are mapped to keys that don't exist on an 88-key keyboard?

Re: Full Strings KS question

Quote Originally Posted by petefo View Post
    To put it more simply, how do you recommend playing the keyswitches since they are mapped to keys that don't exist on an 88-key keyboard?
    In most cases you will find Octave Switch on your keyboard that will bring the keyswitches into view while allowing the normal range of the instrument to be played.

Re: GPO4 Full Strings KS question

Quote Originally Posted by petefo View Post
    ...Is there an easy way to transpose just this patch within ARIA so that C0 becomes the first KS key (i.e. Sustain) without having to transpose from my master controller?...
    Are you performing live, and that's why you don't want to use your keyboard's octave shift? If you're producing your music in a recording program, you may find, as I do, that there's no reason to attempt playing keyswitches in real time. When I use a KS patch, I just insert the low keyswitch note in the sequence.

You could edit the SFZ file for that Full Strings patch. Hmmm, I can't think right off if the opcode for an octave shift has to happen on a per-sample basis or for a whole group at a time.

Randy

Go Back to forum