• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first orchestral/voice cue

My first orchestral/voice cue

This is my first composition for orchestra a female soloist (well girl voice) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry for the distortion on some points, i will master the mix this week.

Any comment will be appreciated [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pd. Sorry for my \'english\' (always with the same but i have to learn another things first) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: My first orchestral/voice cue

Very Nice Dani!!!,
    Great Tune., and i think the mix sounds right yet.,
    Why don´t you add some Brass at 1:19 change, it will give you a Bigest Sound?,
    pd: Your Englhis is OKA!!

Very nice composition [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m gonna be a bit picky here so forgive me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It\'s very clean and beautiful right up to that transition at 1:19. First of all, once the powerful section comes in, the vocalist get\'s a bit out of tune in a couple notes which really took away from the impact of that whole part. Do you have Antares Auto-tune? That would fix it right up. Also, during the powerful part, the orchestra really comes in but the vocals don\'t seem to match this new power. I\'m not sure what you could do, other than write the melody at a higher range that\'s towards the top of the vocalists range, or maybe add some more vocals.

Other than that, it\'s a beautiful piece. It\'s mixed very nicely and has a lot of emotion to it.

Hope this helps some. Good luck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

One more thing (I just listened to it again) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You have that second vocal melody come in during the powerful part, but it sounds like it\'s coming from the exact same space. Generally when you do something like that you want it to sound like the 2 voices are coming from different places. Try changing something with that 2nd melody. Play around with it. Maybe some more verb, a bit of chorus, taking a bit of the high-end out of it. Anything to make it sound like it\'s in a different space.

Just a thought. Again, good luck

Daniel this is quality!
    Nice to have some great neighbors here!
    Follow \"In your own sweet way\"...

I\'m waiting for the new vocal tracks, with more power on 1:19 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

About the brass, i want a voice power on that part, the orchestra is in background, with brass is more aggresive and they don\'t want that.

Thanks for the comments [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice song and thanks for posting. From my non-pro average listerner ears, have you considered easing up on the accompianment in the beginning to boost the presence of the vocals and allow building of the tune as the piece progresses?

Good luck with the final touches,

UK- teeming with life....

Really nice piece and with a decent singer too. Great to hear some real vocals just for a change.

I love the dramatic change at 1:05 and the interplay of the duet. I also love the rythmic, train like, strings which start here. You\'ll rarely go wrong with a piano and strings arrangement for my taste!

There is distortion but I notice that 50% of the stuff posted here distorts. I\'m not sure if the fault lies in the MP3s or in my setup! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

After final adjustments I think that this song would sit well in the charts..... you should do well with it if there is any justice!

Go Back to forum