• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Just a tiny demo... (uses Diva)

Share/Bookmark

Just a tiny demo... (uses Diva)

This is a spec demo I did for a potential client (wish me luck).

I stripped the audio from the video they sent me because it had Gregorian chanting which was getting in the way of the music..unfortunately, along with it went the sound effects and voices. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Basically, this guy (the guy whose boots you see in the beginning) used to work for the mob, but they turned on him (the video shows flashbacks (in red) of him being beat and stuffed in a trunk). Well, basically they think they killed him but he\'s back for revenge.

So far it\'s all Diva performance files..nothing to wow at (anyone can put together performances), but that\'s why I\'m posting a video.. you can see how it fits the mood of the storyboard. The tension-building stuff at the end is Project SAM Ambient Bass Piano, and GOS. I\'ll post the completed piece later (if I get hired) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.samhulick.com/specvid1.avi

Re: Just a tiny demo... (uses Diva)

Good luck!

The only thing I would add (personal opinion here) is some instrument at a really low volume in the high end of the frequency spectrum (I\'d go for strings but that is just my personal opinion) to resemble the nerves that would go with that tension.

Cheers,
    Steve

Good Luck Sam! I look forward to hearing the completed piece. Also a nice anvil might add an interesting flavor to the piece. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

EXCELLENT!!!!! I think you captured the emotion of the sequence perfectly. I could see the point about the high strings. It also looks like it could be pretty graphic. I could hear some really verbed taiko hits here and there to help support and define the piano/string stabs...................or an anvil [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think you\'re so on the right track with that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

One of the few demos I have heard with Diva where the Diva voices aren\'t buried. Seems perfect for your application. I think the other comments are right on. Hope you get the job!
    Carl

Thanks for listening & for the responses! High violins sound like a good idea.. I\'ll give that a shot!

Yeah, Diva definitely is not buried in this one.. in fact, it\'s instrumental (*drum fill*) in this piece.

Alas Sam,
    my super uber powerful new mac would not, could not find a single app that would play it for me. Spent quite a bit of time at version tracker and now have a desktop full of icons that purport to be able to play avi files , but sadly not yours.

sorry bud

cb

Yeah you know what, I was unable to play it at work. I guess it\'s too new a version of the Indeo codec. I\'ll try a different codec tonight and repost. Any suggestions? Is DivX ok?

That was fun to watch Sam. One more \'2 cents\' from another friend - those \'church pews\' screamed \'tubular or church bell\' (LOP has a great selection.) IMHO it would heighten the emotional contrast of \'violence in the chruch\' that is shown.

Regardless, i look forward to hear the completed cue. Diva is perfect for this cue.

Rob

Originally posted by carlmsmith:
    One of the few demos I have heard with Diva where the Diva voices aren\'t buried. Seems perfect for your application. I think the other comments are right on. Hope you get the job!
    Carl
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Carl,

I have to say your comment bothers me.

We have 6 \"official\" demos up by very talanted composers... for a small price tag library.

Not to mention all the great user demos that have been posted.

Non have the voices buried! They may live in a mix of instruments (real world) but the voices are there.

Perhaps you could revisit the demo room.

List to GOLGOTHA by Daniel Moy.

http://www.beladmedia.com/demos1.htm

Go Back to forum