• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA and ACT MIDI contrl in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

ARIA and ACT MIDI contrl in Sonar

I'm using aria player 1.504 with aria engine 1.626 for win7 64 bit with GPO and GIO sounds in Sonar 8.5

i was trying to map the mixer fader to contrl track volume as ACT controllers in Sonar but i notice that it is impossible!
    how it is possible to remote control each track channel volume using an external midi controller??

Re: ARIA and ACT MIDI contrl in Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by bosone View Post
    I'm using aria player 1.504 with aria engine 1.626 for win7 64 bit with GPO and GIO sounds in Sonar 8.5

i was trying to map the mixer fader to contrl track volume as ACT controllers in Sonar but i notice that it is impossible!
    how it is possible to remote control each track channel volume using an external midi controller??
    Matteo, I'm using a Cakewalk/Roland A-800 Pro keyboard controller, and there's never been the automatic connection between keyboard and Sonar that there's supposed to be, and that other users have. I can play music, but the control surface part of the keyboard isn't automatically engaged. That just means I need to manually turn on the Controller Surface preference when I'm working on a project and want to use my keyboard controls.

By default on my A-800, and I think all (most?) surfaces, the mixer sliders default to controlling tracks in Sonar.

In your post you said you're trying to control tracks, but since you mentioned what version of ARIA you're using, I'm wondering if you meant you were for some reason trying to control the faders in ARIA-? I've never even tried that, focusing on Sonar's tracks to control ARIA's faders, since by default, Sonar's MIDI faders control ARIA's.

I do have a special ARIA control map I put together to control things in ARIA's Control window. My keyboard's knobs are hooked up to ARIA's controls like Length, Var1 and 2 etc. And of course that makes automation recording easy to do.

So, I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly, but maybe there's something here in my reply that will give you an idea of something to try.

If you Are trying to automate ARIA's volume sliders, I want to point out that those shouldn't be changed during the course of a piece, except in rare circumstances. You want to use CC1 or 11 volume control of the instruments.

Randy

Go Back to forum