• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: LA Screening notice

Burbank, CA. US of Mexico

LA Screening notice

For those of you who live in LA, I wanted to alert you to a screening of an animated short film that I worked on called \"Eternal Gaze\". I was the composer on it, as well as the sound designer, re-recording mixer and co-producer. Over the past 8 months, it has collected 21 awards at various film festivals and has also recently been short-listed for an Academy Award. Meaning, that it is one of 10 films that are currently vying for a nomination.

If anyone is interested in seeing this film, it will be screened this Wednesday evening at 7:30pm at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood. It\'s being put on by American Cinematheque, a long standing Hollywood film society which is normally frequented by many \'A\' list film people and celebrities. It will likely be a fun time and I would definitely appreciate the support. Be sure to stick around and say \"hi\" if you make it, as I will be doing a Q&A after the screening.
    Jamey Scott

EDIT: Oh yeah, here\'s a link to more info on the film:

Re: LA Screening notice

Wow, good luck at the oscars. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I love the photo on the front page. Most 3d stuff is in living color, so the b&w look is really refreshing. And the character looks great, in an Eraserhead kind of way. Your photo is excellent too, though you\'re younger than I had imagined :-)

It sounds like this film is getting the recognition it deserves. Congratulations.

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

I hope someone remembers that Monty Python bit.

Sincerely though, that is really awesome. Congrats. I\'ve heard about this film from other people. The Academy is one of the few awards I still respect. They seem to have this odd tendency of giving awards to people who contribute to film artistically. I can\'t wait to see it. Evidently, the greatest feat has already been achieved, you\'ve made a great film [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by JonFairhurst:
    [QB] ......Your photo is excellent too, though you\'re younger than I had imagined :-)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LMAO.....that was brilliant

Congratulations Jamey,

I\'d love to check it out.
    Unfortunately I am on the East coast so I\'ll have to wait for the video release.

Good Luck!

Great news, Jamey! Congratulations on the success.

I read on your website that they\'re releasing an Olsen Twins - The Movie - I KNEW IT! This business is sometimes too predictable [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck at the oscars [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

That\'s fantastic news!

Best of luck with the Academy. I have no doubt that with your talent, and the synergy that you described, you will be successful in the awards.

-- Martin

Burbank, CA. US of Mexico

Thanks for the well wishes, fellas!
    Thomas: Man, where have you been? The Olsen Twins have done about 20 films now! They are just too cute.

Frogness: What\'s the matter? Not interested in marching up and down the square??

Jon: I\'ve heard that similarty to Eraserhead mentioned before several times. I can assure you that there is no relation or similarity to that film. I\'ve never even seen it.

I\'m not really commenting on any of the Oscar stuff. I\'m actually doing my best to not think too much about it. It\'s just another award... besides, at this point I can\'t even afford a tux! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Leak it to Kaaza so the rest of us can see it. :-)

Go Back to forum