Share/Bookmark

3 Short Pieces for Harps

3 Short Pieces for Harps

https://soundcloud.com/chrismabry/2-1-13-3-improv-wav

GPO 4.0 Instruments used:
    -------------------------
    Chromatic Harp 2
    Glissando Harp 1

Heavily processed using Breverb2 included in Cakewalk's X2 DAW.

Re: 3 Short Pieces for Harps

Ah, it's always very good to hear from you, Mabry - We don't have much "ambient" music posted here, so in the sense of being part of The Listening Room repertoire, these pieces stand out as unusual. But more importantly, they stand out as very interesting sounding recordings on their own. There's a pianistic approach to your improvisations using GPO harps, and the results are unique. I enjoyed the trip I went on while listening very much!

Randy

Re: 3 Short Pieces for Harps

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    There's a pianistic approach to your improvisations using GPO harps, and the results are unique.
    Randy,
    Well, I improvised these on the piano and then used the GPO harps and Breverb to render them simply because I liked the resulting sound. I did not play them with any particular instrument in mind. And the title of this thread was intended as that and nothing more, I did not mean for it to be any sort of official name. I consider these pieces quite experimental and so I don't really feel they need or even deserve a lasting designation. But of course I am glad you enjoyed the journey!

Go Back to forum