• Register
  • Help

Topic: Con Fuoco, Movement 1 "Wrath of Fire" for Orchestra (Complete) GPO4 and IO

Share/Bookmark

Con Fuoco, Movement 1 "Wrath of Fire" for Orchestra (Complete) GPO4 and IO

Con Fuoco, movement 1: “Wrath of Fire”

I have been working on “Amazing Grace” for concert band since May. I was about to compose the percussion parts but then my thoughts turned to something a little bit more evil > my orchestral piece “Con Fuoco.” I shared the 1st movement about a year ago but I always felt it was a little incomplete. So this past weekend I decided to take a break on “Amazing Grace,” and see what I could accomplish with the 1st movement “Wrath of Fire.” This is good because when I do turn back to “Amazing Grace” not only will it seem fresh but with the inspiration of the aggressive percussive style of “Wrath of Fire” the percussion will be more driving also.

GPO4 Instruments used: timpani, violins 1 short bows ag, violins 1, bass drum, cymbals, cellos short bow ag, cellos, basses short bow ag, basses, full strings sus + short ag, full organ, sam f horn section, sam trumpet section, sam trombone section, sam bass trombone solo, sam tuba solo, bass trombone, tuba solo 2 ag, contrabassoon solo 1, bassoon 1 solo, contrabass clarinet solo, and bass clarinet solo.

IO Instruments used: snap pizzicato full strings, earth cavern percussion, snare and rolls, orchestral percussion 2, full choir, silvery choir, earth drums 3, scary piano fx, cymbals extras and fx, deep space percussion, and horrid choir.

Thanks for listening and commenting!

~Rodney
    https://www.box.com/s/pqx1g1cciei7sd4bb25o

Re: Con Fuoco, Movement 1 "Wrath of Fire" for Orchestra (Complete) GPO4 and IO

Good deep sound from the libraries - the production itself is excellent and the piece is very cinematic.

I think you'd have an interesting time scoring this one. Lots of great textures and effects - this could drive an action sequence/car chase, especially with the percussion.

You should post in the listening room as I'm sure it belongs there with all the other music.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Con Fuoco, Movement 1 "Wrath of Fire" for Orchestra (Complete) GPO4 and IO

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Good deep sound from the libraries - the production itself is excellent and the piece is very cinematic.

I think you'd have an interesting time scoring this one. Lots of great textures and effects - this could drive an action sequence/car chase, especially with the percussion.

You should post in the listening room as I'm sure it belongs there with all the other music.
    Thank you so very much for commenting. It means a lot. It's kind of funny though, I thought I was posting in the listening room, LOL. Alright, I just moved it. Thanks for finding this work, and I hope that others will also. I will post more on your comments in the listening room.
    ~Rodney

Go Back to forum