• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Registering Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

OT: Registering Gigastudio

I finally got hold of GS160 today. I was going to get Kontakt first, but then I went to Music Live, and the show price on GS was just too tempting. Today I installed it, and tried to register online. The thing is that I don\'t have my music machine online, so I had to generate the registration no. on my music machine, but then try to register using my internet machine.

The manual suggested that this was really easy, and that there would be an automated process at the Nemesys site, that would return a registration key within 2 minutes. This turned out not to be the case. Instead I was told I would be e-mailed the reg-key.

That was 6 hours ago. Does anyone know whether the e-mail is auto-generated or if I\'m waiting for someone at the other end to do something. Because clearly if it\'s auto-generated then something isn\'t working and I need to start getting worried.

Sorry about asking here, but my hopes of getting a response from the support link at Tascam were a little low.

Thanks in advance

Pingu

Re: OT: Registering Gigastudio

When I reinstalled my GS, I had to call them and the lady gave my number on the phone. It took about 10 minutes, including on hold time.

Somehow, the email link is going into a black hole.

Hi Pingu,

I too was not able to register online and had to phone the lady. The registration phone number shows on your screen at the begining of the registration process.

I believe \"Our Lady of Perpetual Registration\" only works weekdays though. Sorry for the delay, and best of luck with Gigastudio.

The manual suggested that this was really easy, and that there would be an automated process at the Nemesys site, that would return a registration key within 2 minutes. This turned out not to be the case. Instead I was told I would be e-mailed the reg-key.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi, Pingu!

I would certainly try to call them. I suspect that will be the easiest way of getting GigaStudio registered. Like you, I have no internet connection on my Giga-PC. For the last year or so I have tried to register with no luck. I am sorry to conclude that Tascam\'s web solution for customer support is a failure.

You will of course be able to work without registration. You will just have to click through a registration pop-up every time you start up Giga. Annoying, but...

Best of luck with Giga!

Pingu, I got tired of calling Tascam when I had a drive failure, OS upgrade, motherboard upgrade, or whatever would cause me to loose my authorization. So I just hit cancel every time it comes up to register. I figure if I start giga even twice a day, 365 days a year, and it takes roughly a 1/2 second to click Cancel - I\'ve only spent about 365 seconds by the end of the year. However the pain of actually calling our little friend at Tascam and actually getting the numbers to put in is way too annoying. Plus I get upset with the hassel which raises my blood pressure - so for the last 6 months I\'ve hit cancel. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi J -

But don\'t you think that talking to the lady has become sort of a cult thing? Have you considered that you might be missing out on the finer points of what working with gigastudio really means?

Originally posted by Joanne Babunovic:
    Hi J -

But don\'t you think that talking to the lady has become sort of a cult thing? Have you considered that you might be missing out on the finer points of what working with gigastudio really means?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Nope.

Not sure how far registering gonna get you anyway. I\'m registered, but when I put the code given to me into Gigastudio, is says it\'s not authorized. The strange thing is that when you open the \'about\' menu once in Giga, my code is in there.

If anyone know hows to make giga accept my code I\'d be grateful.

Cheers
    Simon

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Pingu, I got tired of calling Tascam when I had a drive failure, OS upgrade, motherboard upgrade, or whatever would cause me to loose my authorization. So I just hit cancel every time it comes up to register. I figure if I start giga even twice a day, 365 days a year, and it takes roughly a 1/2 second to click Cancel - I\'ve only spent about 365 seconds by the end of the year. However the pain of actually calling our little friend at Tascam and actually getting the numbers to put in is way too annoying. Plus I get upset with the hassel which raises my blood pressure - so for the last 6 months I\'ve hit cancel. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t fully understand this re-authorization
    and etc; I just had to make a full new installing
    with formatting harddisk in Win Xp, but when
    I just reinstalled Gigastudio and I filled my old
    registration mumber and installation too checked
    gigapiano cd and everything was OK!
    Nothing like new registration numbers and
    all that hassle!

So, when do you have to apply for new
    registration code ?

Thanks guys,
    Glad to see that my instant paranoia and cynicism are probably going to prove spot on. Actually, cancelling the registration window each time doesn\'t bother me. I\'m mainly concerned about registering because I\'ll be wanting to upgrade to version 3 at some point (pause for helpless laughter from all forum members) and I wouldn\'t want to find that Tascam have no record of me owning the program.

Go Back to forum