• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bongo and Conga loops?

Bongo and Conga loops?

Hi all,

I\'m in nead of plenty of very good Konga and Bongo loops and performances with stereotypical Africa, jungle feel?

Any sugestions?

Re: Bongo and Conga loops?

At Spectrasonics, we have a lot of options in this category.

An older library we did called: \"Supreme Beats African/Contemporary\" is the closest to what you\'re describing...really awesome sounds and grooves.

Just loops and samples, but no Groove Contrl...so you\'d need some time strech software in the case of this library.

However, I\'d also recommend Stylus, which has some excellent Conga/Bongo/Djembe loops and samples, and of course everything works with Groove Control...which lets you do just about anything you could imagine rhythmically with those grooves.....very easy to use too, since its a plug-in.

Liquid Grooves Groove Control also has quite a bit of stuff that would fit that bill too...buts its more on the modern/studio side.

The rawest stuff is on Heart of Africa 1&2, which all are original field recordings...so they sound extremely authentic, but are a little trickier to control. Also, no Groove Control on this library.

to recap:

Supreme Beats: Best sound for African/Jungle...lots of variety and very creative AND authentic. An amazing, but not so well known library.

Stylus: Smaller variety and more contemporary patterns than purely african....but very easy to use and you can get great results with it by using Groove Control and layering tracks, etc.

Liquid Grooves Groove Control: Cool sounds, plenty of Afro influenced grooves, but with a more modern sound....everything has Groove Control, but is a sample library instead of a plug-in like Stylus is.

Heart of Africa 1&2: Most authentic and raw stuff....many phrases, multisamples and ambiences. Very good if you need the absolute \"real thing\".

The sound quality of Supreme Beats for Afro percussion is the best though...since its real African players recorded in a great NY studio to analog 2 inch tape. The multisamples are awesome too...very great tone.

Probably more info than you wanted....right?

Whish I got this much info on all subjects.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks a bunch Eric...

Supreme Beats it is.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

off I go to spectrasonics web..

Eric is there an audio version of \"Supreme Beats African/Contemporary\" ..

I can only find akai on ILIO?

theres also this miles bould - the progression
    lots of nice loops with full mixes of the percussion instruments, and also seperated parts. another cd to check out is \"armando borg percussion incognito\" by numerical sound. borg it also has the midi files of the audio percussion.
    smartloops also has a good percussion cd.
    and one more is \"QUPARTS latin groove factory\" great for more authentic latin and afro-cuban loops.

Eric, while you\'re here - I\'m still holding my breath for a Latin version of Stylus. I\'m starting to turn blue. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by lex:
    Eric is there an audio version of \"Supreme Beats African/Contemporary\" ..

I can only find akai on ILIO?

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Why do you want the audio version? The CD-ROM is much easier to use and actually a better value too.

Some of that material is available on a 4-cd boxed set that goes for $249US. But its organized differently....with an additional 5th CD available separately with more \"International\" grooves.

So I\'d recommend getting the African/Contemporary Akai CD-ROM ($199US), which can be easily converted to any other format (.wav/aiff/.gig, etc) ....conversion should be very good on any format.

If you want the complete set, you can add the \"World/Dance\" CD-ROM. Between the two CD-ROMs, you would have that entire collection.

Because I like opening wav explorer in Sonar and just slap some loops in..heheh.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But if there\'s no wav version, I\'ll just convert akai.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum