• Register
  • Help

Topic: is it possible to import GIO in Kontakt??

Share/Bookmark

is it possible to import GIO in Kontakt??

Is it possible to convert Garritan Instant Orchestra patches to kontakt format?? i want to create some custom patch and i don't know how to edit the SFZ files in a convenient way (i don't want to use a text editor and to learn to code it!!)
    i try the kontakt5 importer: the patches seem converted but then it does not find the audio files.

the ".audio" samples are not recognized by either kontakt or wavosaur (my free wave editor). is there a way to (batch) convert the single files in wav to bypass this problem??

thx!

Re: is it possible to import GIO in Kontakt??

Quote Originally Posted by bosone View Post
    Is it possible to convert Garritan Instant Orchestra patches to kontakt format?? i want to create some custom patch and i don't know how to edit the SFZ files in a convenient way (i don't want to use a text editor and to learn to code it!!)
    i try the kontakt5 importer: the patches seem converted but then it does not find the audio files.

the ".audio" samples are not recognized by either kontakt or wavosaur (my free wave editor). is there a way to (batch) convert the single files in wav to bypass this problem??

thx!
    That "audio" format is proprietary in Garritan Libraries so they can't be easily hacked with the usual converters. However, I do know some people have managed the trick - have no idea how.

Depending on what you want to do with the programming, SFZ isn't terribly difficult. You look up Opcode charts online, and go through a file to change whatever parameter you want, sample range for instance. When you click an SFZ file, it opens in Windows Notepad, then when you save, you just need to change "Save as type" to "All Files," and it will retain its sfz extension.

Randy

Go Back to forum