• Register
  • Help

Topic: VOF Licensing Agreement

Share/Bookmark

VOF Licensing Agreement

VOF Licensing Agreement

This topic has grown out of control and has been misread but more importantly, has not be stated properly by us.
    We realize that we rushed to answer a customer and this is how the whole misunderstanding was born.

We also realize, that in defensive of the terms, we did make it seem very binding.

Here is what we said:

\"This product may be used for commercial projects. i.e., film trailers and the like. However, we reserve the right to knowledge about any commercial use of this particular product via the user.\"

We now see and understand how the wording could be read as \"email us every time you use it in a commercial product or you are breaking the agreement\"

This is our fault for rushing. What we are trying to say or should rewrite it to say is as follows...

\"This product may be used for commercial projects. i.e., film trailers and the like. We encourage the user to notify us when this product is being used for commercial reason.\"

Now what does the re-wording mean?

1.Does this mean that I must \"report\" to Bela D Media all and any commercial use? No.
    2.Does this mean that if I fail to reply Bela D Media will seek legal action? No.

We wish to learn the potential market for this type of product.
    Voices of Faith is a performance based library and is very similar to \"needle drop\" production music.
    This will help us grow and produce Voices of Faith vol 2 and 3 and so on.

We apologize for any misunderstanding and miscommunication on our part. Yes, the agreement has been changed but the truth of the matter is... this is really what we meant all along. Again, we are sorry for the misunderstanding.

Now on to better things.

Francis and Dawn Belardino
    Bela D Media

Re: VOF Licensing Agreement

Thanks for the clarification!

Now that we got all of that out of the way, when can we expect some demos Francis?

AL

Originally posted by Bela D Media:
    VOF Licensing Agreement

\"We encourage the user to notify us when this product is being used for commercial reason.\"

Now what does the re-wording mean?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It means that Franky and his men won\'t break your knee caps if you don\'t comply!

Nice to see people go out of their way to be non-threatening in business these days.

Originally posted by Joanne Babunovic:
    ...It means that Franky and his men won\'t break your knee caps if you don\'t comply...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">D@mn, I\'ll have to put my bat away... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

AL

Thank you for the support everyone.

Go Back to forum