• Register
  • Help

Topic: "NewAge"

Share/Bookmark

"NewAge"

All,

If you wish, give a listen to my "NewAge".

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "NewAge"

You're always full of neat surprises, Larry. From your title, "New Age," I thought maybe I was going to feel like I had the New Age channel on that I sometimes end the evening with. You know, swirly washes of synths suggesting a gentle, meditative flight through The Astral Plane. But Noooo, instead I was pleasantly surprised with this upbeat, Latin inspired piece with groovy bass, trap set, and lively synth lines. It even has a pop music styled fade out!

Really nice. Thanks much, as always, for the cool Music, Mr. A.

Randy

Wasn't expecting that, synths and jamming beats. Full of surprises you are. Sounds great.

I, too, was expecting swirly swishy ambient tones of waviness...so interesting title choice!
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    You're always full of neat surprises, Larry. From your title, "New Age," I thought maybe I was going to feel like I had the New Age channel on that I sometimes end the evening with. You know, swirly washes of synths suggesting a gentle, meditative flight through The Astral Plane. But Noooo, instead I was pleasantly surprised with this upbeat, Latin inspired piece with groovy bass, trap set, and lively synth lines. It even has a pop music styled fade out!

Really nice. Thanks much, as always, for the cool Music, Mr. A.

Randy
    This is the 'New' New Age, Mister Randy. It's newer than the 'Old' New Age.

I appreciate your comments, as always, my friend.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Wasn't expecting that, synths and jamming beats. Full of surprises you are. Sounds great.

I, too, was expecting swirly swishy ambient tones of waviness...so interesting title choice!
    See my answer to Mister Randy above, Lad.

This is a music style that I developed a few years back. One of its characteristics is that a soprano human-like voice "sings" the lead line of the melodies in unison with synths.

Thanks for your message.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Come on guys, we all should know by now that Larry is the king, the undisputed wizard at "titling" compositions with "surprise" attached. As you know Larry, I always admire how you title your comps, almost as much as the pieces.

I don't think I've heard this style from you before and it's very cool. Just proves that you can do just about anything if you put your mind to it. We never know what to expect from you, and that's a good thing!

At any rate, thanks for the post Larry....new age, middle aged, old aged (my category) it's all great. Keep them coming.

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Come on guys, we all should know by now that Larry is the king, the undisputed wizard at "titling" compositions with "surprise" attached. As you know Larry, I always admire how you title your comps, almost as much as the pieces.

I don't think I've heard this style from you before and it's very cool. Just proves that you can do just about anything if you put your mind to it. We never know what to expect from you, and that's a good thing!

At any rate, thanks for the post Larry....new age, middle aged, old aged (my category) it's all great. Keep them coming.

Cass
    "Sneaky Larry" they call me.

Thanks, as always, for commenting, Mister Cass. Your reviews mean a lot to me.

Please send me a PM and let me know the state of your health, my friend.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I am closer to you when you are the "old" Larry, but this is so different, upbeat, jazzy, bubbling, happy, just nice!
    Thanks

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I am closer to you when you are the "old" Larry, but this is so different, upbeat, jazzy, bubbling, happy, just nice!
    Thanks

Ted
    I AM the "old" Larry, Mister Ted. I wish that I were the "young" Larry. In a few months I will hit the eighty mark, eh.

Thanks for the good words. Have a super-duper day.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum