• Register
  • Help

Topic: jazz!

ok the waiting must be over now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Will some sampledeveloper please stand up and make me a good windinstrument librabry for jazz. sax. flute.
    Im playing a WX5 and i really, really miss the sound of a real sax, flute.
    My neighbours are happy that i bought a WX5 , but i miss the sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
    Merry Christmas to everybody.

Re: jazz!

Check this thread for a response as to why this hasn\'t been done.

I\'ve been trying to work with QLB and filtering for a couple months now, and it\'s a LOT of work.

Frankly, my view is that sampling is not the best technology to address this type of issue, but physical modeling holds the best hope for it.

You\'re using a WX5 - with what? Controlling GS samples, or a VL70m/VL1? If you haven\'t tried it with the VL-70m, I think you may really appreciate the difference. I only use a lowly BC3, one-dimensional breath controller, but it sounds much more organic and natural to my ear than static samples. Samples are photographs, physical modeling gives you movies.

Of course, what I REALLY, REALLY want is a WX-5 with piano keys and aftertouch instead of the sax/flute keys (and a pitch ribbon conbtroller...)

Good luck. If you have further ideas on how to realize this, I\'d love to hear them.

Re: jazz!

thanks for the response,

im using a VL70m, which is great but still not up there.. hearing all these great samples outhere makes me real picky i guess.
    im no wizzkid so i cant help you on the new WX design [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
    thanks for pointing out that thread though..
    I guess im allready owning \"the best \" so far..
    VL1 would be great though.

Go Back to forum