• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: VOCALOID LOLA sings AVE MARIA

Share/Bookmark

VOCALOID LOLA sings AVE MARIA

New VOCALOID demo here:
    http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=802

This time a lead vocal, in Latin! More to come soon...

Re: VOCALOID LOLA sings AVE MARIA

Urgh.. I don\'t know wether to cry or laugh. Is this really how it\'s gonna sound? Sounds tremendously vocoded.

I think it sounds very interesting.

It all depends on how you look at it really.....

If you think of it as a perfect vocalist, then that\'s just a silly idea anyway...no shortage of singers in the world.

But if you think of it as something new and unique, and realize that this is a \"singing synthesizer\"...then it\'s really pretty amazing. There will be a lot of cool ways to integrate this truly original \"voice\" into modern compositions....especially when you take off the chains of thinking purely in \"real\" terms.

Why should it be real after all....it\'s a synthetic voice. And a very expressive one at that. It will be very interesting to see how this develops!

Nice work Ed.....

:-)

spectrum

Say you have a Paula Abdul who can\'t sing and you need a stronger doubler track to help hide her deficiencies. I\'d think vocaloid would work great for this... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think that VOCALOID is great goodie for electric music - where you dont´need or dont want \"real\" voice. But for some serious singing there is no hope that you could use it... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I hear very, very distinct possiblities with this. Hopefully it has synthesis shaping capabilities and isn\'t just a playback synth. The abilty to shape the tonal characteristics might open up a huge vista.

Will it be available as a downloadable programme demo?

Any ideas on pricing yet?

A soprano vox would also be very welcome in the future.

Good luck
    Heath

I think it will be very interesting to hear what comes from these new instruments 6 months to a year down the line after many different users get their hands on them...Not to mention how this technology will improve and develop over the next few years...

It´s the worst interpretation of Ave Maria I´v ever heard!!!

It may have it’s merits as a special effect, but I don’t think singers need to worry about losing any jobs just yet.
    But who knows, when this technology is developed further and refined...

Ave Maria: Lol, this is not Latin-American, but American-Latin. Nice accent.

That demo certainly triggered my expression-tweaking muscles. Lot of sticking out notes that could benefit from hand-drawn expression curves.

More positively: I think the note-to-note binding is great, especially with the oohs and ahs (Little Bird demo). Sounds like an automatic Melodyne to me.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast