• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: where the heck are Giga Horns for Funk/Pop

Share/Bookmark

where the heck are Giga Horns for Funk/Pop

Hi, seems like this should be a niche covered up in Giga, I dont need no Franch Horns to do James Brown, Tower of Power, etc. stuff, Whats up with dat? thanks Where are you gigastudio kick me in the butt HORN SECTION???!!!!

Re: where the heck are Giga Horns for Funk/Pop

I\'ve been wondering that myself lately..... anyone?

Phantom Horns can kick butt, despite the unfortunate name...

I thought I had read Phantom Horns was only phrase samples????

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    I thought I had read Phantom Horns was only phrase samples????
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s got notes, too.

Really? Is it pretty playable?

It\'s on sale right now at soundsonline for about $100 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

Really? Is it pretty playable?

It\'s on sale right now at soundsonline for about $100 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not a bad price at all. There is a lack of velocity switching...it\'s just not as expressive as most horn samples out there. But, it sounds good.

I did this little snippet using the phrases and the notes to get the entire passage. I has a nice bite I really like:

http://www.sportersstudio.com/Songs/b3bsnip.mp3

QL Brass is also only $99 for the Emu version - I think with Chicken Sys I could translate that into Giga or EXS fairly well. That\'s hard to resist since the only reason I hadn\'t bought it earlier was the $440. My only thinking is I\'m wondering if there\'s about to be a new influx of pop brass libraries hit the market and it\'s not worth spending even $100. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm........

QL Brass is also only $99 for the Emu version - I think with Chicken Sys I could translate that into Giga or EXS fairly well. That\'s hard to resist since the only reason I hadn\'t bought it earlier was the $440. My only thinking is I\'m wondering if there\'s about to be a new influx of pop brass libraries hit the market and it\'s not worth spending even $100. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm........
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Good luck with the translators... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum