• Register
  • Help

Topic: NCS-44 Super Sampler?

Share/Bookmark

NCS-44 Super Sampler?

What is this? I saw this article for SoundChaser\'s NCStudio, and it says its \"Designed to expand upon the Multi-processor technology developed by Nemesys for their NCS-44 Super Sampler\"

Here\'s the link:
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2000/NCStudio.html

Re: NCS-44 Super Sampler?

Personally I think that, if Nemesys can give Sound Chaser management enough detail for
    them to be able to commit to a standard hardware design which maximises the
    Gigastudio\'s performance, the rest of us should be supplied with that spec.

I\'m still not sure if my I/O card is ideal, or that I have a sensible amount of ram, which style of OS is best, etc,etc.,

I know you can\'t describe one system to suit all individuals - especially when your trying
    to keep competing hardware suppliers on side, and no one wants to tout a system requirement spec which is unattainable in some peoples view, but that hasn\'t stopped Nemesys giving more concrete and detailed info for building a system to both Alexander University and Sound Chaser than I\'ve been able to glean from this site, Sonic Sontrol or Nemesys themselves.

I suppose I\'ve simply \'got the hots for whats in the box\'. (Do you guys have Domino\'s
    pizzas over there?)

Anyway, I feel confident that I and other registered users out there could benefit greatly from being graced with the same information which Nemesys has given these two
    suppliers.

but are you willing to pay ? :-)

Both of the companies say they\'ve built systems based on input from Nemesys.

I don\'t think we have a right to these guys hard earned results, but I\'d like to think that when trying to cobble together a system, we simple customers have the same information from Nemesys that these guys do.

Somehow I don\'t get that feeling. It\'s almost like I have to know the important questions to get the right answers.

Probably has as much to do with the fact that email is a poor substitute for a simple chat.

> Personally I think that, if Nemesys can give Sound Chaser
    > management enough detail for them to be able to commit to a
    > standard hardware design which maximizes the Gigastudio\'s
    > performance, the rest of us should be supplied with that spec.

I would guess that it’s Sound Chaser that’s done all the testing to maximize GSt.

> Designed to expand upon the Multi-processor technology developed by Nemesys

This isn’t Multi-processor a la Windows NT, this is multiple computer systems networked together.

Go Back to forum