• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some advice on Strings not for classical music

Share/Bookmark

Some advice on Strings not for classical music

Hi Everyone
    Could anybody recomend me a good string library that could be used in ballads (ala Celine Dion, for example)?
    I already have Sonic Reality Interactive Strings Section (which I think sounds very good) and Roland Orchestral Strings together but lacks deep.
    And yes, writed and conducted small section (7 violins in two or three part divisi with 2 cellos, all doubled tracked), but right now it´s out of budget)
    I heard the GOS demos and sound awesome but its over $1000 price tag is so much for so little need.
    What about GOS lite, Roland SRX04 Strings card, or any other alternative?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Happy Hollydays to Everybody!
    Jose Pereira

Re: Some advice on Strings not for classical music

Hi Adam
    Thanks for your comment. Isn\'t Miroslav Strings also a litte expensive? Where can I heard any demo?
    Thanks again
    Jose Pereira
    PS: Anybody else comments?

Adam\'s just joking. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] GOS lite would do the job certainly but Roland strings are great, are you sure you\'re not ok to just use them?

For Ballands you won\'t be wanting things like ponticelli tremolo, col legno, bartok pizzicato and the like so no need really for the full GOS, you should be happy with GOS lite....or Roland. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oops,
    I wasn\'t joking, but I forgot that Miroslav strings go for like $1400 US.

bump

I heard that Miroslav strings were good for movie music. Maybe they would be good for what you need.

Hi again
    Could anybody tell me if GOS Lite or Roland SRX04 Strings card have up and down bows? I think that this feature increases the realism of a string section (together with true legato but I´m aware that is still imposible to emulate on samples)
    And Thanks again for your comments
    Regards
    Jose Pereira

Don\'t focus too much on the term \"up-down\" as it is more of a marketing term for playing alternate takes (or sometimes reusing different dynamic levels). You don\'t get actual up or down recordings. Very, very useful of course - I won\'t argue about that.

Cheers,

Peter

Originally posted by Jose Pereira:
    Hi again
    Could anybody tell me if GOS Lite ... have up and down bows?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No, it doesn\'t. Despite that, GOS-Lite is a quality, well priced string library. Check out the GOS-Lite Demos at the GOS web site. Kays Alatrakchi\'s \"GOS Romantic Demo\" is pop ballad-like (I think that\'s what you are looking for - right?). Best of luck with your choice.

Go Back to forum