• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Is GPO the best orchestral library under $500?

Share/Bookmark

Is GPO the best orchestral library under $500?

As primarily a piano player, every time I think of buying an orchestral library I reconsider and buy another piano library.

I think the time has come, finally.

The GPO demos have totally blown me away. Although I realize only experienced users will realize the full potential of this library, the potential is definitely there from what I\'ve heard.

Previously, the Prosonus OC impressed me- primarily because of the marcato string demos. AO reviews were good, Edirol Orchestra demos sounded mostly good.

My opinion now is that, aside from the marcato strings demo of POC, the GPO has everything that I\'ve heard whipped bigtime. I haven\'t heard AO.

I\'d appreciate any opinions.

Thanks,
    Michael

Re: Is GPO the best orchestral library under $500?

Originally posted by michael88s:
    As primarily a piano player, every time I think of buying an orchestral library I reconsider and buy another piano library.

I think the time has come, finally.

The GPO demos have totally blown me away. Although I realize only experienced users will realize the full potential of this library, the potential is definitely there from what I\'ve heard.

Previously, the Prosonus OC impressed me- primarily because of the marcato string demos. AO reviews were good, Edirol Orchestra demos sounded mostly good.

My opinion now is that, aside from the marcato strings demo of POC, the GPO has everything that I\'ve heard whipped bigtime. I haven\'t heard AO.

I\'d appreciate any opinions.

Thanks,
    Michael
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve never used the other libraries you mention here but as a GPO user I can tell you that I am not only completely satisfied with what I got for 249.00, but i am AMAZED. The solo strings alone are worth the price.

Rick

I don\'t know if GPO is the best under $500, but I would think that GPO plus QLSO Silver is perhaps the best under $560. I have ordered both, but I had to sell my Playstation II and my Super Soaker to help pay for them. (Just kidding about the playstation and the soaker).
    I look forward to exploring the strengths of both.
    No offense intended, but I think \"which is best\" without established criteria of what is best, is a very subjective question and will depend on the taste and/or needs of the individual. Ask yourself what YOU want or like.
    Best of luck making your decision. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the comments guys.

Rick, I have a feeling that this is the one to get, but NO WAY I\'d trade in my Playstation [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Jack, no offense taken, I could have certainly been more specific. The \'most realistic sounding, well-rounded and expressive orchestral library\' below that price point was what I had in mind as being \'best\', at least for me.

Regards,
    Michael

Originally posted by michael88s:
    Is GPO the best orchestral library under $500?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">YES. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    YES. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How\'s THAT for insight? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, the library is AMAZING at any price point... I have a demo in the works now that I think will blow you guys away! (or at least I hope [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] )

AL

I agree that GPO AND Silver are the best for just over $500. GPO has solo strings, Silver has VOTA, and both approach instruments from slightly different directions.

I have to admit that I like the Silver grand piano slightly better than GPO\'s.

If all the samples and articulations Silver and GPO were in one library released 5 months ago for $500, we would all have been in heaven. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"The GPO demos have totally blown me away....\"

You should have stopped there and ordered GPO. YOUR ears are the best salesmen, not ours.

If demo blown you away - Ok. but listen to user demos as well ( you find some of them on GPO forum. I was also amazed by Product demos of GPO - but after I heard user demos Im VERY disapointed. My tip- wait on first SILVER user demos - then decide.

wish you be happy whit what you choose!

Handz,

You can\'t wait to cut down GPO in every thread.

These user demos are by people excited about the library and can\'t wait to post. Most have posted the demos after a couple hours with the library and without using the controllers to fine tune the piece.

I\'m still waiting to hear one of your demos as you\'re so good at cutting down every GPO demo.

Go Back to forum