• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: If I were to create a samplelibrary...

Share/Bookmark

Re: If I were to create a samplelibrary...

Lets bring some junk into the churches and TRASH!!! hehe.. btw, if you dont mind kraftwerk voclas take a look at this:

http://www.myriad-online.com/enindex.htm

Nice stuff. I am really wondering why nobody is replying to this post. I mean - free samples and possibility to get a rather big collection of natural church ambiented stuff? Hello!? Anyway. I will proceed with this stuff, if I can get the local churh convinced. I got TONS of ideas of noises I wanna make and record. Now people - what would you like me to TRASH in the church? There must be some evil composer out there with a special hidden desire of what a church should sound like. Maybe some Christian saint with the opposite suggestion!? Let me hear it. Please.

Love - Chris

Trash your computer in there. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Hit it right on the head with an 8lb sledgehammer and make sure you follow through so its the floor as well. I really need this distinct sound on my next project.

\'why nobody is replying to this post\' from 12:41 PM to 4:30 PM - that\'s 4 hours... People need some time to read... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Stompin\' beats... If you do this, make sure you also sample also variations... Sample what you can get [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hansi

I am like George Bush. I declare: \"I am a patient man\", but its actually just an autosynonym for the opposite. Believe me four hours is beyound patience for me. Its... Its... Well... I tend to go out of fuse in the supermarket. Try to imagine the rest. By the way. Whats the OFFICIAL name for the \"devices\" you put inbetween YOUR wares and others wares in the supermarket. Does that \"thing\" have a name?`I dont think so...

Hasen. Nice idea for a job. I actually have an old puter that needs to be trashed. It could be wild fun to get that exact sound. I will see what I can do. I mean - its sorta ONE take thing. So I really gotta place the MICS right. Do you want short, middle and long distance MICS on it?

Love - Chris

Stomps:

Heavy, army boot-on your face stomps (perhaps on a turkey or roast, to get that flesh-strike sound.

Tap shoes

Dance slippers (young girl w/small feet.)

Groups of as many as you can muster with the same footwear striking in unison.

Hammers of various styles and weights on various media (don\'t want to actually damage the church..) for instance, claw hammer, tack hammer, rubber mallet, sledge - on - hardwood block (oak?), softwood block (pine, or even better, balsa) aluminum plate, steel plate, meat, hollow boxes, cement/concrete, polished marble/granite. Each with 3 or 4 velocities, also each covered with medium thickness blanket (but the blanket only on the struck surface, so the edge still produces a tone (or better yet, wrap the head of the hammer with it...)

Each simultaneously miked from 2-6 inches, 1-2 feet, 8 feet.

That should be good for one or two CDs full of actually useful stomp sounds!

Dasher

big BOOMERS would be great ..... but for the love of god-kishna-buddah-ja-yaweh PLEASE!!!!! also records these with close mics .... as i have stated before .... recording samples with ambience only is a waste of time as far as i\'m concerned .... it limits the sample\'s use and causes depth problems during mixing ....i still cannot understand the need for ambient samples, well besides Nick\'s new experiment ..... with the QLSO ... it will be fine, because under those circumstances, those may be the only samples used in cue/composition, without the need for additional ambience, and if more is needed it can be applied to the final mix - straight across the board ... without creating the depth problems i spoke about ....

as much as i applaud Tob\'s efforts (his samples are well recorded and programmed) .... i still cannot find these useful in my works .... they always end up buried or out of focus ..... other colleagues have stated the same.

my two cents ..

passacaglia

i take part of that back .... i do use the cymbals alot [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] they seem to work fine in most of my works.

passacaglia

You\'ve got my support Lewis. Thanks to Gtown and likewise generous contributors I pop into this site more than just once every couple of months these days and some of the freebie samples have beaten the commercial stuff IMO (Gtown toms for one!).

I\'d really like to capture the swoop of air as a hammer (or some other sabre-ish object) is swung - kind of like Thor after a bad trip. I\'ve got a few average home-made and one or two hollywood style samples in this area but nothing mighty. What would be the best way to capture this I wonder?.

>Trash your computer in there. Hit it right on the head with an 8lb sledgehammer and make sure you follow through so its the floor as well. I really need this distinct sound on my next project. -Hasen-

Would it be necessary to loop to get the sustain samples? I think Tob could probably get 8 seconds at Grebbestad. Do you think an Athlon mobo would give a different sound than a P4? (I\'m pretty sure a Duron or Celeron would be too mushy).

Oh, BTW, Chris, you mentioned wanting to record a lot of noises...I think that would be right up my alley. I\'m having a bit of a problem with the more musical stuff, but noise I got-seems to come from everywhere.

Keep on keepin\' on, guys...

Carl

Carl

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast