• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Prelude Number Six" (Bach prelude adapted and digitized by Larry G. Alexander)

Share/Bookmark

"Prelude Number Six" (Bach prelude adapted and digitized by Larry G. Alexander)

Y'all,

I adapted J. S. Bach's "Prelude Number Six In D Major" and digitized/synthesized it for what I hope is your listening pleasure.

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...ajorBWV874.mp3

This was one time-consuming, tough job.

Regards to everyone,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Prelude Number Six" (Bach prelude adapted and digitized by Larry G. Alexander)

Hope no more Larry, this is indeed a listening pleasure!!!!

I can tell you spent quite a bit of time pulling this together because it shows. The rendering exceeds even your past fine standards. In tonal quality, it sounds like something Wendy Carlos would pull off. I'm so very impressed with the overall rendering on this one Larry. I only wish Bach could here this arrangement......of course maybe he has!

And thanks for the reply on our PM. You're a great friend!

Cass

Re: "Prelude Number Six" (Bach prelude adapted and digitized by Larry G. Alexander)

Nearly fifty views and only one response. That is not very encouraging.

I am pleased that you like it, Mister Cass. Thanks for listening. I also appreciate the compliments.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

OOOh yeah, I love it when you bring the synths out and get into a Carlos mode. This is superbly done. The complexity of the project is in abundant evidence. You've really out done yourself, Mr. Larry - and that's saying a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Nearly fifty views and only one response. That is not very encouraging...
    That always does seem odd, doesn't it - Of course it's been that way forever, with views/hits out numbering the responses 50 to 1, 100 to 1 - worse!

BUT - awhile back I took more careful note of things, wondering if I could get an idea of how many of those "views" actually involve a music file being played. The results are very odd, and I can't really explain them - But from the results of my test, using a page counter, I discovered that while a thread may be marked as having been viewed say 100 times - only a small handful, no more than 5, actually also involved playing the music file!-- SO, I'm saying that I found the view count means exactly Nothing-- I have no idea why people would be clicking to look at a post but then not bothering to listen to the music - I guess if the introductory text doesn't grab them, they move on. But there it is.

And that also means that the proportion of posted replies to actual listenings is much better - In fact, according to my calculations, the majority of people who actually listen also post a response!

There - Use that info well and ignore the meaningless counts.

Thanks for the crackling good piece, Larry.

Randy

Thanks for the explanation, Mister B.

Thanks also for checking out my little tribute to Herr Bach.

Take care.

Best

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Sounds like you have some classic synths in your bag of tricks. I wasn't expecting the synths at all.

Having recreated other works myself, I too know what work is involved and it's always more than on your own works. Great job. I'm very rusty on the Bach preludes.

Regarding the views counter - I always assumed it was bogus. Like the pages are being bot-scanned and getting a counter. They rise too consistently and at intervals. No way the view counter is real.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

The synthesizer sounds on this work are from my Sonic Synth 2 sample library.

Thanks for your input, Irish lad.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum