• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hey look what I found...

Hey look what I found...

It features extraordinary insight, although no score, to the great score Bernard Herrmann wrote for Sinbad - 7th Voyage.

Enjoy it!

Re: Hey look what I found...

Btw, there\'s a bunch of other stuff there too. Including some works by Goldsmith! Extremely interesting source of information. I can\'t believe I didn\'t find this before!

Wow, Thanks TJ. One of BH`s best scores and one of my personal (nostalgic) favs. BTW have you read his Bio~Heart at the fires Center? I`m almost finished and its quite amazing. He`s the 1st Modern Film master as far as Im concerned..Rich

and Australian site by the look of it

Olomouc; Czech Republic

Oh , THOMAS_J thank you very mcuh!!!

Imagine sight reading those things. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Hey Thomas,

Great link! Many thanks.

You\'re quite welcome. I just listened to Final Conflict (Omen III) while reading the notes. Quite interesting. It\'s much more complex than it sounds. The krull notes were interesting too. 8 horns and 6 trumpets.. geez [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rich, nope I haven\'t read that!

There is also an excellent video/documentary of B. Herrmann, partially based on the aforementioned book . Its part of the \"Music for the Movies\" series released by Sony.

I found it at a local Virgin Records store, but I imagine that you could get it at Amazon, et. al. It describes alot of his personality \"issues\".

Also includes Interviews with David Raksin, Elmer Bernstein, M. Scorcese and B. Herrmann, himself. Its a good companion piece to the book , which, I agree, is excellent.

Go Back to forum