• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinberg Bought Out by Pinnacle systems??

Share/Bookmark

Steinberg Bought Out by Pinnacle systems??

Just heard about this on one of the forums...is this a good thing or a bad thing? Cubase\'s weak point for me has always been its so-so video integration. Could things be looking up? Then again, what the heck does Pinnacle know about music software? Could things be looking down? At least they\'ll still support PC users, unlike those jerkos at Apple/Emagic...hehe
    -Hudson

Re: Steinberg Bought Out by Pinnacle systems??

It\'s under the news section on the Steinberg site...it\'s definitely fact, not rumor. Here\'s the link to their article:
    Steinberg News

-Hudson

Aaargh, do I hate Pinnacle\'s DC10+ capture card!! Had nothing but trouble with it. With every computer boot, on 4 OS\'s + PC\'s I tested it on, I got different error messages. I seriously smashed the card into pieces. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So I hope they will do better now (though I believe their new capture cards are better).

Also, Steinberg\'s programs at the moment all have a great concept & look! I hope that\'s not gonna suffer - I remember Pinnacle\'s splash and programs screens... they\'re worse than the worst Compaq sweet family PC tv commercial.

I pray for the best...

Maarten

You are so right about that card Maarten. I had no end of problems with it as well.

Why Pinnacle?.

Miro stopped mac support the day they where acquired by Pinnacle.
    Pinnacle also stopped Miro DC30/30+ driver developpement for anything that comes after w98, too bad, this card is the perfect cheaper \"AV\" solution for Cubase, PT or whatever sequencer on both platforms (drivers where awful but capture/playback was stable). Since NT/2k/XP or osX, all DC30/30+ users can just cry.
    OK i\'m whinning, but I baught this Miro Motion card less than two years ago, 600 USD, and I waited the end of 2002 to see a simple \"no XP support\" on a weird support page at Pinnacle\'s site. Not even a word about the mac platform.
    I wrote emails, had perfectly stupid automated answers that repeated a FAQ from 1999.

Go Back to forum